cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Digital Voice Phone - 2 questions

Go to solution

I have moved across to the Digital Voice Phone but sadly this is a step backwards.  But that's another story.  My questions now are:

I have mistakenly blocked a phone number and despite 3 calls with the BT Technical team no one has been able to tell me how to "unblock" this number.  There is no help on the BT website - lots of advice on how to block - but apparently the Digital Voice Phone facility of blocking a number sends it to a place that no one can reach or manage.  There doesn't seem to be a way to manage my list of blocked numbers.  One of the technicians I spoke to suggested dialling 217 - but this didn't help.  It didn't even ring.

The other question relates to the absence of a mute button.  One of the technicians starting reading out a long list of instructions on how to do this - but I lost the plot after line one!  I am looking for a single button - which appears on every other phone instrument that I have ever used.

Any help would be much appreciated.

thank you

Dallas

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Digital Voice Phone - 2 questions

Go to solution

Is the number on the blocklist in your MyBT account?

https://bt.com/mybt 

Then go Manage Products -> Digital Voice -> Call Protect -> Your Blocklist

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

to mute call press right option button

https://www.bt.com/content/dam/bt/help/digital-voice/advanced-phone/BT-Advanced-Digital-Home-Phone-U...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you very much.  I have found the link and page you refer to and managed to unblock the number that I had mistakenly blocked.  I was surprised, though, to find that that ws the only number there.  Since then I have blocked at least 2 nusiance calls - those numbers aren't there.  At the moment my "blocked list" contains no numbers.  Are they somewhere else?

Thanks again.

Dallas

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you so much.  I was looking for a dedicated Mute button - but now I know where to look, it is obvious.  thank you very much.  With a bit of luck, a future version will contain a dedicated mute button.

Thanks again

Dallas

0 Ratings