cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 34

Re: Digital Voice - Problems and questions

Go to solution

yes!

Oh they were the days, when you were assigned the local exchange. There’s no personality to the phones now a days! I remember when I was living up in newtownards are exchange and the codes but now it’s very centralised.

I am an open reach engineer and aided to be a network engineer for IBM but personally I have a place in my heart for the old day of 0123.

I will stop rambling now

Many thanks

Oliver  

Message 22 of 34

Go to solution

Ah! No way.

Did you ever work in Telephone House in Belfast? I did work experience there in the late 80s, and Remember they still had an strowger exchange. The noise was sensational, let me know if you remember.

Anyway, my uncle sean used to work there. Let me know if you ever came across him.

Regards
Ryan

If this reply was helpful, please leave a like, or if I answered your question, please click 'mark as answer. Many thanks
Message 23 of 34

Go to solution

I used to take the trainees back in the day. It was telephone house believe it or not, or as they like to call it the box as it was where we were used to. I might just have taken you but I went to IBM in the bright days of 89’ so maybe not.

Yes I remember teaching about the old exchanges and I remember the old chaps telling me about the GPO days.

What a time those were but my name would have been trainer Mr. Gordon

@rsmyth492 

Message 24 of 34

Go to solution

Oh my god. Yess!

You took us and a bunch of cronies from Rathmore. You took us for 3 weeks, then Mr. DeClerk let slip to us that our last day was your last day. Do you remember the surprise party?

We had fancy smoked salmon and champagne, the best feed I had in those days as I was living off pilchards. I remember you then spilled your coffee on Mr. DeClerks briefcase on your way out, and you didn't tell him. I remember him going mental at all of us, then laughing his head off!

Regards
Ryan

If this reply was helpful, please leave a like, or if I answered your question, please click 'mark as answer. Many thanks
Message 25 of 34

Go to solution

I remember that ! 

What a nice bunch of lad yous were. Were you Ryan the we ginger kid about 5 3. Do you remember the lesson about fitting the master socket when Johnny mccacarte asked me who BT were! He was on my course already!

Good to meet you it’s a small world!

Message 26 of 34

Go to solution

5'4 1/2 actually. Lol. I've grown since then, I was only 15!!! I'm 6'4 now.

O'l Johnny was a trouble maker. He stuck his finger in the strowger and broke a section of it! That was funny.

It is a small world, but you wouldn't want to hoover it, as you said when your ex-girlfriend came to your surprise party from London Ms. Burgers if I remember correctly. We all had a good laugh trying to contact a Ms. Burgers without Laughing. Johnny rang burger king in London!!

Regards
Ryan

Message 27 of 34

Go to solution

Did you marry her in the end?

Regards
Ryan

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 34

Go to solution

you can work that one out for yourself 😉😉

Its BT forever!

Mrs Gordon now !

Message 29 of 34

Go to solution

Thats a tenner johnny owes me. We all know you and her used to "go to the photocopier" a bit too often. We all know you's were in the loo.

I still have johnnys number "knock 725542" or 9072 5542. Feel free to ring him and annoy him.

Regards
Ryan

Message 30 of 34

Go to solution

Good lad!!

im away to the pit big morning tommorow a load of new fibre to go in to dunmurry so I will see you soon!

Good night laddy!