cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Digital Voice - Quality Issues

Since the changeover to digital voice the quality seems to be worse. Callers say that I sound distant. Also, from my end its a bit like being on a zoom call - if you both try to speak at the same time the sound from the other person on the call mutes out, making it difficult to have a clear conversation.

Am I the only one with this issue or are others finding similar problems with the quality of calls?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Digital Voice - Quality Issues

Hi @teecee90   Using the Advanced Phone with Alexa I find the clarity and sound quality excellent. Which phone(s) are you using?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

@teecee90 

This was an issue with the old discontinued BT Broadband Talk service, and the only fix then, was to restart the home hub to get a different IP address and routing.

Its possible that you have picked up a route which has an issue with the QOS (Quality Of Service) settings, as VOIP is normally given the highest priority.

So what other Digital Voice customers say.

Are you using the new BT phones, or your original ones plugged into the smart hub 2?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

I agree with @VeteranISPUser .  I have had DV for almost 2 years now and find call quality very good and no problems.

Try hub restart as suggested by @Keith_Beddoe 

you seem to be having lots of problems with DV from your number of recent posts most of which you seemed to have solved with help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

I have the advanced phones with Alexa and my original phone plugged into the back of the hub. The original phones seem to work fine - it's just the new ones that are poor quality. 

I've restarted the hub a few time for other issues, but the quality is the same.  I'm still having issues with caller display and contacts as well. 

Quite frankly, I'm a bit fed up with it and wish I had never been migrated (although I realise that's not an option).

Message 6 of 8

@teecee90 

The phone socket on the SH2 would have the most direct connection, and would not be relying on the DECT base station on the SH2, which seems to be the issue, and the stored contacts. You may be unlucky and just have defective equipment.

The fact that the phone socket works fine, would rule out any VOIP QOS issues.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

have you setup Alexa on the phone yet?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Alexa setup: Not yet - is that likely to make a difference?

0 Ratings