cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Digital Voice Speed dial error

Go to solution

I have a strange fault, I ham using 2 new Advanced Digital Handsets on Digital Voice. I have 8 speed dial numbers stored all the numbers are correct in the contacts, one of the numbers fails because the 5th digit is missing when dialled using the speed dial although the contact entry is correct, I have deleted both the contact and speed dial and re-entered them with no change, it appears to fail if the number programmed has a digit 3 in the number in the 5th position the code concerned is 01873 XXXXXX. I have got over this problem by entering the number in international format 00441873 XXXXXX and because the 3 in now not in the 5th place it works, any suggestions please? 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Digital Voice Speed dial error

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

does it connect ok if you just enter the phone number using keypad?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

yes

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

does it also work if you select the contact from the list without using speed dial    in other words the problem is with speed dial not with the contact

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
Yes it does
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

I hope I have done this correctly as I wanted to update my message. I have found out the reason for the failures, if the speedial is entered as METHOD 1 it fails by dropping a digit, I have a friend who has also tried this method and he also gets a failure so there seems to be a design fault or software problem. METHOD 2 works ok.

METHOD 1 (fails)
Open contacts list
Select name to add speedial to
Options
Set speed dial
Select
Select speedial location
Select

METHOD 2 (works ok)
open contacts list
Right click navigation button to list speedials
Options
Add speedial
Enter the telephone number
Save
Select speedial location
Saved!

Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Does this mean that the Speed dial listing has to be numeric only and that the name associated with that number cannot be registeted?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Update

My METHOD 1 allows you to add a speed dial to the speed dial list but drops a digit from the number, I like many I'm sure used the menus to enter a speed dial not following the User Guide. I have since followed the method in the User Guide:
Open contacts list or enter from contacts list is as follows: 
Right click on the navigation button
If no speed dials in list click add
If there are speed dials in list click options
Add speed dial
Options
Choose - from contacts
Select
Select a speed dial location number in the list
Select

That works OK, no digit dropped and puts the name in the contacts list, if you need to put a speed dial in the list that is not in the contacts list use method 2 which only shows the number in the list.

It appears I made the error by not following the User Guide but as I have said lots wont and fall into the trap I did perhaps a software update could stop it being possible to add the contact as I did using METHOD 1.

0 Ratings