cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Digital Voice Switchover Failed

Hi, I was switched to Digital Voice by BT, and it has never worked. Every time I phone BT they tell me it all looks good at their end. I have rebooted the Smart Hub 2 several times, and it show the phone as 'not configured', and it is greyed out on the manager display. My old corded phones are very old, so I haven't attached them. I am using a BT supplied 'Advanced Digital Home Phone'. This pairs successfully with the hub, using WPS, but then says 'Unable to make or receive calls'. I have already spent over an hour on the phone with BT speaking to 5 separate individuals. All were friendly, the last one deciding I needed a new ADHP phone. That arrived this morning, and does exactly the same as the first one. Any advice gratefully received. If anyone from BT reads this post, there is a fault raised under VOL055-**********.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Digital Voice Switchover Failed

have you tried a factory reset of hub instead of just reboot by pressing recessed button on back and holding for 20/30 secs until lights flash  remember to turn off smart setup when restarts

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 10

Thanks for the response. My hub has been customised for a remote access requirement, and I know the IP ranges and some static addresses have been setup. I'm reluctant to rely on my IT skills to be able to recreate them, and don't want to lose the access. I have backed up the hub, but as I say I'm reluctant to do that as a diagnostic stage. If BT were to send a new hub I could test with, that could prove whether the hub is good or not.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

@pmarshal 

The residential home hub cannot be configured for static public IP addresses, and there are very limited configuration options. Are you a BT Business user?

Message 5 of 10

if you have DV then I assume you have FTTP so did you hone the FTTP Team 08005874787?

not sure if you into hub manager then select Phone are you able to reset dect base station

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 6 of 10

No, not a business user. They are not public IP addresses.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

I did call that number (I was told it was the fibre team), and they passed me on. I can't go into the phone option  in hub manager as it is greyed out.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Its possible that the configuration changes are preventing it working. Unless you can backup the configuration and then do a factory reset, I am not sure how you are going to prove the fault, as BT will insist on a factory reset, or they will do it themselves anyway, using TR-069 access.

You should be able to restore the saved configuration, but its not guaranteed.

Message 9 of 10

Exactly Keith, that's what I'm worried about. I'm happy to go back to analog. Never asked for digital.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

@pmarshal wrote:

Exactly Keith, that's what I'm worried about. I'm happy to go back to analog. Never asked for digital.

The BT Exchange equipment is in the process of being de-commissioned and will be ceased by 2025, which is why you have been moved to BT Digital Voice (VOIP).

FTTP and FTTC customers are being migrated first.