cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Digital Voice Switchover

BT have notified me that that my landline will be switching to D.V. Can anyone tell me if I can pair my BT6500 Dect phones with my SH2 or will I need to connect the base station by cable to the SH2.

I know that CATiq 2.1 compliant Dect phones can be paired with the SH2 but I've not been able to find out if the BT6500 is CATiq 2.1 compliant.

Anyone know please?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Digital Voice Switchover

your BT6500 phones are not digital voice so doubt you can pair to SH2 dect.  can you not get DV adapter to plug in and then connect your BT6500 base station to that and use your phones that way

Digital Voice Adapter | BT Help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 8

Many thanks @imjolly, that would be ideal as I use the BT6500 in call screening mode (no prizes for guessing why)

Unfortunately that webpage offers no clue as to price and availability, perhaps the mods can fill in those gaps? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

the adapters are available by phoning CS they may even be free once you have DV

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 8

Looks like you're going to have to bite the bullet and call them!

Digital Voice Adapter - User Guide 

Message 6 of 8

How do you know CAT-iq 2.1 phones can pair with SH2? Has anyone seen this other than BT phones? Is it written up in BT literature? If you don't know if your BT6500 is CAT-iq then maybe just try pairing - it might work. Then tell us.

You can, for sure pug a DECT base station into the SH2 analogue port (or DV adapter) - and pick up line noise on the analog cable and need a power socket for the base station. And you won't get any interaction between the DECT phones paired with the SH2 and those paired with the base station.Ok you may want to charge the phone from the base station and need that socket for that anyway. But if SH2 is genuinely CAT-iq then any DECT CAT-iq phone should pair (that's what CAT-iq appears to aim to guarantee) and be fully digital. I haven't yet seen any proof of this - but it could be true.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

@Les-Gibsonwrote:

Unfortunately that webpage offers no clue as to price and availability, perhaps the mods can fill in those gaps? 

The first one is provided free of charge, after that they become chargable, around £50 I think for 4, so that would be 5 in total with the first free.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

https://shop.bt.com/products/bt-digital-voice-adapter-100121-G6C5.html

£15

I can’t ‘find’ this in the bt shop but google does.

0 Ratings