cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 13

Re: Digital Voice - Telephone (Dect/Gap) - 'auto' registration and link to the Router

Go to solution

Hi, 

Thank you for your response !

I decided to order the 'Advanced Phone' with answerphone, thinking /hoping it would auto register (WPS) like the Advanced with Alexa, which I had already installed.

However, for information to the Board, the 'Advanced' model 'does not' auto register, and needs a DV Adapter for distances from the Hub.   Only the 'Essential' and 'Advanced with Alexa' can auto register , at this time. 

My question, to anybody with any experience of using an Advanced with Alexa  + Advanced + Essential models, from a perspective of 'Call Blocking' :- 

Is it better to have the 1st Handset set up, which has the more powerful Call Blocking features i.e. The 'Advanced Model' , in the hope it will filter the calls in a  better way - 'First' ,

or does these different model handsets work in another way through Digital Voice ?

Many thanks for your help

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 13

Re: Digital Voice - Telephone (Dect/Gap) - 'auto' registration and link to the Router

Go to solution

@Brian12 I would like to clarify from your last post from what I have learnt after being sent a wrong phone.

I am moving to DV soon and ordered a free DV Phone. The one I received is called “Advance Digital Home Phone”. So I ordered a second one which I have to pay for and BT sent me a phone called “Advance Phone”. This phone is not the same the first one. The Auto Register ones must have “Digital” in their description. See below:

Advance Phone https://shop.bt.com/category/sound-and-vision,telephony,telephones/11206?q=Advance%20phone

Advance Digital Phone 

https://shop.bt.com/products/bt-advanced-digital-home-phone-090258-G7FJ.html

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 13

Go to solution

Absolutely right 'Dippo',  There ought to be a 'government health warning' over BT Product Description !!!

BT-Advanced-Digital-Home-Phone-User-Guide.pdf

That is what I thought I ordered ?

regards

0 Ratings