cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Digital Voice: Will I be able to use my 4 existing phones on the current sockets?

I have a problem using mobile phones for voice calls.  Within a few seconds of the beginning of a call my brain starts to feel confused and then dizzy. For a call lasting up to2 minutes this effect takes approx 30 minutes to clear.  I am exactly the same using a cordless handset for a landline base phone.  I therefore have a wired but unused master socket (1) with wiring to 4 different phone sockets with a tone system landline phone plugged into each one, 2 downstairs and 2 upstairs.  I have a PC connected to what was originally a dedicated 2nd landline socket for dial up internet connection in one bedroom, which enabled PC and phones to be used at the same time.  Along came broadband and the PC is connected to the hub by ethernet cable. I was supplied with the broadband blocker plugs for each of the four phones.  To cut down phone charges for the 2nd (PC) line the engineer disconnected the broadband from the phones master socket (1) and connected the PC line to the main phone line so that I no longer have to use broadband blocker plugs for the phones.  The broadband hub is in the room upstairs with the PC.  For the health reasons mentioned I do not use or want wifi either for my PC or my phones.  Does anyone know if or how I can continue with this current arrangement when the time comes for changeover as I like to have some information to consider before the changeover begins.  Any assistance and or suggestions will be much appreciated.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Digital Voice: Will I be able to use my 4 existing phones on the current sockets?

Digital Voice does not use wifi and the DV phone connect to the SH2 base by DECT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Re: Digital Voice: Will I be able to use my 4 existing phones on the current sockets?

if you have FTTP this post helps explain how to make some minor changes to enable your existing sockets so you can continue to use existing phones

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Correct-way-to-enable-all-BT-sockets-after-...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

I have no idea from your description as to how your broadband and phones are connected. However, it is possible to reconfigure your wiring such that your existing phone setup will still work. To achieve that, you will need to connect the 4 phones to the green socket at the rear of the Home Hub. How you physically achieve that will depend on your existing wiring. perhaps if you could post a diagram with all the relevant sockets and connections we could advise further.

0 Ratings