cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 26

Digital Voice and divert

Go to solution

Hi I have been moved to DV and really wanted to continue using my 3rd party router. Is it possible to place a call divert on DV routing to a mobile and remove the SH2 from the equation? Do you still have to have the SH2 connected for call divert to work? Many thanks.

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26

Re: Digital Voice and divert

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 26

Go to solution

@Kielty23 

Yes you can set up a divert without needing the SH2, but bear in mind that you would have to pay the cost of the forwarded part of the calls, so make sure you have a call plan in place to cover the cost, otherwise the PAYG charges could become excessive.

https://www.bt.com/help/landline/digital-voice--how-do-i-use-my-calling-features-

How to divert calls by logging into My BT 

You'll need a BT ID to log into My BT. If you don't have one, you can register online for a BT ID

1. Log into My BT
  2. On your Profile screen, select Manage on the Digital Voice tile
  3. Find Call Diversion in 'Your Digital Voice features' section at the bottom of the page and click Manage
  4. Follow the steps on the next screen

Message 4 of 26

Go to solution

That's great - thanks for the help @Keith_Beddoe

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 26

Go to solution

@Kielty23   With Digital Voice call diversion to UK mobiles and land-lines is free (for now) even without a call package.   Diverted calls are listed in itemised billing at zero cost.  It may be BT's intention to apply a charge in future although I would expect them to advise customers accordingly.    Be aware that there could be a problem with diversion during a power cut:   https://bt-digital-voice.blogspot.com/

Message 6 of 26

Go to solution

@JB2016 

That is interesting, because in the past there was a charge for the forwarded part of the calls, which never made a lot of sense. Now that diversion is simply a software function, then a charge is not really applicable, as the caller would pay the whole amount.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 26

Go to solution
Very interesting, thanks for your insight. Much appreciated.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 26

Go to solution

@Kielty23 

This seems to suggest the ability to divert calls is free on digital voice but not necessarily free

How much does it cost?

The Call Diversion service is free for Digital Voice customers.

Calls diverted to a BT mobile, BT Landlines or BT Digital Voice services are all free.

Calls to any other service will be charged at the standard rate for calls to that service. If these calls are available within any inclusive call package, they will be costed within it.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 9 of 26

Go to solution

@Kielty23   The calls I have diverted to non-BT mobiles have been free of charge.   I can't vouch for diversion non-BT land-lines. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 26

Go to solution

I suppose somebody has to pay for the charge for calls terminating on other networks, so it looks like that  passed to the end customer, like it always used to be.

0 Ratings