cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 26

Re: Digital Voice and divert

Go to solution

@JB2016 

do you have a calls package with BT that allows free calls to mobiles not just BT mobiles.  

If divert is free regardless of package that would be really helpful

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 26

Go to solution

@imjolly   No, I don't have any call package.     I have just made two test diversions to two non-BT mobiles, both pay-as-you-go  on two different networks, Vodafone and EE (Orange legacy).  (I appreciate that EE is owned by BT but I assume that alone would not qualify the account as one of BT's) .     Neither call has resulted in any deduction from the receiving mobile's credit balance. 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 26

Go to solution

Neither call has resulted in any deduction from the receiving mobile's credit balance. 

It would be your home phone account that would be charged, 20p a minute.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 26

Go to solution

And the charge imposed on an EE pay-as-you-go mobile account for originating a call is the same whether the call is being diverted or not.    I can't yet verify what happens with a call from a Vodafone account.   

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 26

Go to solution

I wouldn't expect the originator of the call to be charged just as you have posted but the charge would be on the landline account of the digital voice phone that has the diversion

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 26

Go to solution

@Kielty23   @imjolly     The diverted calls appear in itemised billing but with zero charge.  I don't have a call package, so I think it can be assumed that call diversion to a non-BT number incurs no additional fee - for now.   However, if in doubt, set up a diversion, and make a test call to a non-BT line and check the itemised bill.

Message 17 of 26

Go to solution

that would be really helpful if it continues to be zero cost.  might try it out of curiosity

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 26

Go to solution
Thanks all, if it remains zero cost divert to a UK mobile a great option for those who want to take the SH2 out of the equation and use a 3rd party router..
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 26

Go to solution

Is there a charge if you are roaming like home.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 26

Go to solution

The method for diverting calls to a BT Mobile mentioned in message 3 of this thread suggests it's possible to setup the diversion from the BT control panel.

If I log in and go to

your products -> manage digital voice

I can see options for Call Protect, Call Waiting, Voicemail essentials and Call Barring (with an option to add this) but I don't get an option for Call diversion.

Has this option been removed or am I missing something?

If it makes a difference then I only have digital voice PAYG and I've never actually setup or used digital voice or the BT router for that matter but the old analogue phone doesn't work so I'm guessing we've been switched over.

0 Ratings