cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 26

Re: Digital Voice and divert

Go to solution

The DV FAQ’s on BT website suggest that call divert can only be activated/ deactivated from a DV handset or a ‘regular’ phone plugged into the hub , not from the online BT Control panel .

Message 22 of 26

Go to solution
Thanks for the quick reply, that would certainly tie up with what I can see.

When I get chance I'll dig out the BT router and setup a phone temporarily and add the divert.
0 Ratings
Message 23 of 26

Go to solution

Its the only secure way, as it confirms that its the end user has set up the divert. If it was done via MyBT, and someone got hold of your login details, then they could divert all of your incoming calls to a number that they own, and security information could fall into the wrong hands, especially as some banks ring with authentication codes. You may not be aware of this for some time.

Message 24 of 26

Go to solution
That makes a lot of sense.

To be honest we've pretty much stopped using it now, it's just useful to have access to the number as we've had it for 25 years.
0 Ratings
Message 25 of 26

Go to solution

Just as a final follow up to this, I connected the Smart Hub 2, plugged in a phone and then set up call divert to my BT Mobile using the *21* code and it works perfectly with calls to the landline now being forwarded to my mobile and the call shows up on the landline bill with a zero cost against it.

I've now removed the landline phone and switched back routers and calls still divert so problem solved.

Thanks for the help.

Message 26 of 26

Go to solution

I would still check it works after a week or so, as BT may detect that the line has a "fault", and stop the divert, giving "NU" tone back to the caller. There is normally a separate divert option if the destination number is out-of-service.

0 Ratings