cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Digital Voice background noise.

Just had Digital Voice set up. Very disappointed with the background noise. I have the housephone connected through an adapter as it's not near the hub. Background noise is very evident. I took it directly to the  hub and It is slightly better. The house phone requires power and the DV adapter is connected beside the power adapter so I connect the DV adapter into a socket across the room thinking the DV adapter was picking up noise from the power adapter. Little difference. I then tried an old phone not requiring mains power, to the DVadapter and there was still noise, but when I connected it to the back of the hub there was very little noise. It looks like the DV adapter isn't supressing mains noise very well.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Digital Voice background noise.

It more likely that the DECT link between the Smart Hub 2, and the DV adapter, is introducing noise.

Its possible that you have a faulty DV adapter.

Did you manage to connect the house phone directly to the socket on the SH2, to eliminate the DV adapter?

The other possibility is if the house phone is also a DECT handset/base, then they may be interfering with each other.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

We have just been switched over and I am using a digital voice adapter also, it "buzzes" during calls, is this normal?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

No

If you connect old phone to back of hub does that get rid of noise?  Maybe something electrical near adapter causing interference 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

It is actually the DVA that is buzzing during the call and for about 20 secs afterwards, the buzzing alternates between intermittent, (1-2secs on, then 1-2 secs off), and a continuous buzz. It is plugged into a socket in the hall, (hub in is our longe) next to where the DECT phone is plugged in
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@goldrickm wrote:

We have just been switched over and I am using a digital voice adapter also, it "buzzes" during calls, is this normal?

Is the buzzing just from the adapter itself, or does it interfere with the phone call?

If its just from the adapter, then it will be electronic  component noise from within the adapter or its power supply, and would be quite normal.

0 Ratings