cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Digital Voice delaying connection to home answerphone

We were converted to Digital Voice in May 2021 and it went reasonably smoothly but after a week or two callers remarked that we were not responding to answerphone messages. We have a home answerphone and there were no such messages on it. Then we tried 1571 and found that the messages were there. So I tried a little experiment. I called our phone from my mobile and I heard two or three rings before the home phone started ringing. We had opted for the DVA device from BT because our answerphone is nowhere near the router so plugging the phone in to the back was not an option. I don't know if the delayed connection is inherent in the digital service or caused/exacerbated by the DVA but it meant that our answerphone did not get a chance to handle the call.

We solved it by setting the 1571 response to the long option, and reducing our answerphone delay to just three rings, but it now means we have to be swift to answer any incoming call.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Digital Voice delaying connection to home answerphone

Hi @JayDee1946   Just as a matter of interest, why haven’t you disabled the 1571 service if you have your own answer machine?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Not disconnected 1571 service largely due laziness/inertia, but in the event of a local power failure my answerphone would not work so 1571 would be a fallback message service.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

if power cut then DV will not work either

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Bit I believe the Digital Voice answerphone would work as it is not affected by your local power cut.

Richard

Message 6 of 7

Yes indeed. When local power returns I would expect to be able to pick up any messages left on 1571 during the outage

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

I find the 1571 answerphone works well with my Digital Voice Essential handsets.

The message light comes and the phones beep when a message has been left. It is easy to use to listen to, save and delete messages.

Richard

0 Ratings