cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Digital Voice handset questio

Go to solution

I've had the Advanced Digital Home Phone set up for weeks but still can't get to grips with it 😞 How do I delete a voicemail message which I've listened to? I think I did it once but have lost the knack and am going round in circles.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Digital Voice handset questio

Go to solution

Press the voicemail button or dial 1571 and one of the options is to delete your message.   This process not as quick as my old phone with an answer phone which was just the press on one button.   Sadly the current  Digital phones have lost some of the facilities available on old phones  (like BT Nuisance) but hopefully newer handsets may  reinstate them unless of course the fact that it is digital means not technically possible  Malcolm

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Thank you Malcolm. I tried that (and have now tried again) and there are only 4 Options - and I navigated up and down to make sure no options were hidden. The options were: Three Way Call, Transfer Call, Internal Call and Product information. No Delete Call. I'm flummoxed.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

I've just tested it on my Advanced telephone.

vm.PNG

Press the answering machine button (which dials into 1571) or manually dial 1571

Once I listened (press "1" for new messages) to the completed message I get offered options I chose "press 3 to delete message".

That should work on any telephone connected to the Smart Hub as you're dialling into BT's 1571 service.

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Gaaaaah! I obviously didn't do that the first time I played it, and afterwards failed to listen to the end of the message (which had ended with a series of strange noises). 'Press 3' it was! The most annoying thing was that the green Voicemail icon was permanently lit up. Diolch yn fawr! 🙂