cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Digital Voice: inbound calls still don't come through after a week

I called 150 48 hours after the outbound service started to work and I noticed that inbound calls didn't come through. The team in Falkirk then made contact with Openreach which put a 1 week time line on it (to allow all systems to update and try to complete the porting process from copper to digital). One week on, the same situation and the order has been reactivated and some more time added. The chap I spoke to was unable to explain what is checking what in the porting process and what could cause it to fail. The landline number has always been with BT.

Anyone else had this kind of situation resolved (ie not coming from another provider)? Just feels like we're kicking the can down the road a bit and not tackling with a cause.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Digital Voice: inbound calls still don't come through after a week

if you phone your DV phone from mobile does it appear to be ringing on your mobile?  if so have you tried picking up phone to see if you can hear call?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

You can hear the number ringing on the mobile but no call at DV handset and just a dial tone on the DV handset.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

3 weeks. Quite a few calls to 150. Lots of well meaning conversation. Still no incoming calls. From the notifications I get I suspect everyone keeps triggering the same process and then expects someone else to investigate why the process stops and address the root cause. BT, if you must announce with a fanfare that you're migrating services, please get on and do it

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

do you have FTTP - fibre to the premises? and got DV together with FTTP?  if so try phoning FTTP team 08005874787 and see if they can help you get incoming calls.. If no success then post back and we can see if forum mods who are BT employees can help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

I've been passed to the Fibre team during a couple of calls (Falkirk and Accrington). They'd created an escalation form for this last Friday as they could see that the process keeps failing, but that's as far as we have reached. Will try this number now to see if it goes somewhere different.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Got me to the same point/team. Sm action had been noted so despite being over SLA again, more holding of breath.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

....and now the order is showing as cancelled. What the hell is going on?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

As often happens there is a second order made then noticed and duplicate then deleted - possible?

I have asked mods to see if they can help and they will post here

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Thanks. Possibly an error in the original order. Will wait to see if it gets replaced. Outbound still seems to work.

0 Ratings