Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 24

Re: Digital Voice migration if not using Smart Hub 2

@Will168 wrote:

@licquoricewrote:

Very doubtful, why not ask them.

Fair point. I'll ask BT next time I call them for anything. Just wondered if anyone had already had experience of it already.

Its nothing to do with BT, its Openreach's responsibility.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 24

I suspect Openreach will be reluctant to remove the  copper line and master socket until all service providers have moved to a VOIP system in case it is required to provide service if the houseowner changes service provider to one that doesn't provide it yet.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 24

@licquoricewrote:

I suspect Openreach will be reluctant to remove the  copper line and master socket until all service providers have moved to a VOIP system in case it is required to provide service if the houseowner changes service provider to one that doesn't provide it yet.

Good point.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 24

When OpenReach did my FTTP the guy said he was ripping out the old master socket and cable and he piggy-backed the FTTP cable from the pole outside on to the old copper wire (left outside nice and tidy if need again I assume).

I was shocked they ripped out the old stuff but hey ho.

Message 15 of 24

Hi Pete @PeteCloss

I have the same situation that you raised here, I really don't want to be forced into using the BT Hub. I would be interested to know what you decided to do following the transition to Digital Voice.

Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 24

You only have 3 choices.

Use the BT Smart Hub2 if you want BT's Digital Voice service, use a third party router and third party VOIP provider or no voice service at all.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 24

I removed mine, what objection can either BT or Openreach have once the copper line has been declared redundant

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 24

@Les-Gibson wrote:

I removed mine, what objection can either BT or Openreach have once the copper line has been declared redundant

See message 12

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 24

Hi @licquorice licquorice

thanks for responding. I have FTP to an Openreach modem, can the BT Smart Hub be daisy chained in anyway via the modem or a third party router to provide just the Digital Voice Service ?

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 24

the SH2 needs to be connected to ONT for DV

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings