cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 20

Re: Digital Voice not configured on Smart Hub 2 and not receiving full broadband speed on new order!

Go to solution

Yes well that is not the most helpful reply. When you refer to the "mods" I presume this is BT employees? That is the problem I have been having bT employees not taking any responsibility for my issue and just fobbing me off. So yes I suppose I could have expected that reply.
The point is that someone in BT (whether it is the executive customer complaints team or whoever they should be able to escalate the issue to get it resolved. It is rediculous.

Message 12 of 20

Re: Digital Voice not configured on Smart Hub 2 and not receiving full broadband speed on new order!

Go to solution

I think the point is there is a hierarchy, the executive level being the top level , so although the BT Mods on here can usually help , once it’s at executive level , they defer to them …FWIW , they tend to not get involved with FTTP , that’s why you or your friend , once armed with the necessary ONT info , need to call the FTTP team , or if you have a contact within the executive complaints team , ensure they check out this info too…..it’s always possible that whatever the issue is , it’s not the serial number on the ONT , but it’s a simple check even if it only eliminates it as an issue .

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 20

Go to solution

@stevenmoore3 I was simply pointing out that you are already dealing with the highest level in the complaints hierarchy and hence nobody on this forum can offer any help. You should have a nominated handler that should be keeping you informed of progress.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 20

Go to solution

Hi @iniltous

I just thought I would post back here to say thank you for all your help and pointers.
I did go back to BT and told them that I believed I was likely receiving someone else's service and that my serial number was probably wrong on my modem. They still were not convinced but I insisted on an Open Reach engineer coming out.
And yes hey presto as soon as the Open Reach engineer walked through the door and looked at the ONT he new what the problem was straight away. It was indeed that the serial number was wrong and didn't match up with their records.
He completely replaced the ONT and registered it properly against my account.
All working fine now. I have Digital Voice and my full 900 plus mbps service.

So it took me to tell BT what the problem was before they fixed it. They were completely useless and I can see exactly why so many people get frustrated. They had no idea. But the Open Reach engineer was great and really knew what he was talking about.

So yes thanks again. all sorted now.

Steve

Message 15 of 20

Go to solution

@stevenmoore3 

Whoever was able to enjoy 900 rather than 462 for several weeks must be disappointed!

You should also check whether you are entitled to any compensation for that lower speed AND not having a working telephone line.

Check you next bill on your MyBT account.

Further, since you are obviously registered disabled (I am too as I'm severely hearing impaired), you COULD be entitled to extra help:

I rely on my service and need it repaired urgently | BT Help

and in there is a further link:

BT_Free_Priority_Fault_Repair_Scheme.pdf

Glad you have been sorted otherwise.

Message 16 of 20

Go to solution

Hi

Yes thank you. I did get compensation. So I have done ok in that respect.
I was just frustrated at the lack of knowledge from BT staff I spoke to. They literally had no idea what I was talking about. The extent of their diagnostics was to switch your equipment on and off again, perform a factory reset and replace the kit.
No thought or consideration about the back office configuration or checking administrative records like the ONT serial number etc. Apparently it was all my fault and I must have been installing the hub and phones incorrectly.
Honestly they were about as useful as a chocolate tea pot. It is something when it takes the customer to tell BT what the issue is and to insist on an Open Reach engineer. The Open Reach engineer wasn't exactly very complementary of the BT call centre staff either. I guess he sees and hears it everyday.

Still I am sorted now. All good thanks.

Steve

Message 17 of 20

Go to solution

@stevenmoore3 

No Cover was fitted on my ONT. 

Mine is not well fitted  - very wobbly on the wall!

new socket 2.jpeg

It looks like the one above - but that is not actually mine.

Like the one above, there is a sticker on the front with a S/N number.  Do I need to take the front off? Please advise?

Thanks - think I might finally be getting somewhere near fixing the fault I have had for months now - since installation - 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 20

Go to solution

@Carlusha 

Good suggestioin in a way - but ...

Seemingly - according to several posts on here - most Bt Customer Service Staff haven't got a clue about the Priority Repair Service either.  Supposing they can supply a link to the form - or the Customer ever actually gets one they then have to make a GP appointment (and we all now how long that takes nowadays!), get form counter-signed and stamped and then return to BT for assessment and possible addition to the repair service.

I don't think I am even going to bother. 

I think for BT it is more about pleasing the the Shareholder's than the Customers.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 20

Go to solution

@Customer66wrote:

@Carlusha 

Good suggestioin in a way - but ...

Seemingly - according to several posts on here - most Bt Customer Service Staff haven't got a clue about the Priority Repair Service either.  Supposing they can supply a link to the form - or the Customer ever actually gets one they then have to make a GP appointment (and we all now how long that takes nowadays!), get form counter-signed and stamped and then return to BT for assessment and possible addition to the repair service.

I don't think I am even going to bother. 

I think for BT it is more about pleasing the the Shareholder's than the Customers.

The solution offered was posted in July 2022 - more than 18 months ago.

HOWEVER - Your GP knows all about you (or should). Simply complete the form, quick covering note explaining any urgency and drop it into the GP surgery reception. No need for an appointment.

The surgery should then post the signed form back to you or invite you to pick it up.

So, you're giving up completely instead?

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 20

Go to solution

YEs, giving up for now.

I feel fairly defeated by a lot of things just now - including BT.

Been 3 and a half months without landline (a dn was without broadband until relatively recently.

GP is 7 weeks for a telephone appointment.

When I re gather my resilience I MIGHT try re Priority Repair Service.

0 Ratings