cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gspearson
Expert
Message 1 of 3

Digital Voice number

I' m preparing my mind for the arrival of FTTP in the next few months.  I'll be staying with BT to I guess that Digital Voice will be on offer.  Does that involve  a change in telephone number - I don't want to as I've had the same number for 35 years?  Can I remain  ex-directory, no calls offered?  In short is the service the same, although the technology changes?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Digital Voice number

assuming you do get DV then number will be same  you should get a new DV phone from BT and a new SH2 which acts as base station for phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Digital Voice number

Good and bad news then.  I want to and can keep my number.

I don't want a DECT-type phone - with the keyboard in the body, like a mobile.  I never make calls on my mobile (very good for emails and locational apps ), so I will be using my BT Decor phones wired.

I was hoping not to use a hub either as I really like my Deco M5 mesh system which should plug straight into the ONT - I hope.  All minor incompatibilities I suppose.

0 Ratings