cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Digital Voice - "Service not ready"

I was switched to digital voice a couple of weeks ago. Two digital handsets connected plus my old phone plugged into the socket on Hub2. Everything was working fine until today when "no service on your line" message appeared on the digital handsets and a voice message saying "We're sorry you're having a problem making a call from this line".

I connected to Hub Manager and phone status said "service not ready".

Any ideas why this should happen after two weeks of fault-free service and is there a way of fixing it?

Thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Digital Voice - "Service not ready"

have you tried simply restarting the hub?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for suggestion. I've just now switched Hub off (wait 20 secs) then back on. Unfortunately this did not fix the problem.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

My mother has had the same problem. I have spoken to the Tech team, and they have said that there is a wider issue.

You will have to wait until they clear the fault, then hopefully your service should automatically start. 

They couldn't give a timeline as to when this would be, just that they were still working on the problem. 

Message 5 of 8

Just to confirm the above and to advise that my DV service has now been restored at 11.35am Friday.

RIC9380

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Same story, short....

Service unavailable from 1:14 AM on 14/07/2021 with same results... nothing helps, even restart and re-activation from tech team....

Service back up and running on 7:10 AM on 16/07/2021...

Very very poor reaction time from BT to solve problem, considering, as for many this might be very important service these days, not talking about availability of emergency services (999 etc.) which simply can't be reached, whilst phone wasn't logged over VOIP into network and unreachable both directions...

Internet, and SH2 at same time working fine, showing of problem with VOIP service....

Price for BT ditching standard copper phone lines at all, with showcase, what will happens with any even smaller problem...

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

@gosforth wrote:

Price for BT ditching standard copper phone lines at all, with showcase, what will happens with any even smaller problem...

@gosforth 

Its not the copper lines that are being ditched, its the analogue phone network which is closing down, and it affects all providers.

See https://www.draytek.co.uk/information/blog/the-end-of-analogue-phone-lines-pt1 and part 2.

The issues  remind me of the same problems that BT had with BT Broadband Talk. That often went down.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

We have more than one digital phone. This message has appeared on one phone while the other is functioning normally. So it does not seem to be a "service" issue, more of a bug in the digital phone software. The solution I have found to work on both occasions when this has happened is to "reset" the handset with the error to factory settings (you then need to relink to the hub again via WPS - the handset will guide you through this)

0 Ratings