Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fibre-Hopeful
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Digital Voice "free" phone?

Go to solution

I've been told via email & letter that I'm to receive the Digital Voice downgrade soon.

The on-line help says: "You can order either an adapter or a Digital Voice home phone free from bt.com/DVequipment. Or text the word ADAPTER or HANDSET to 61998."

Following the on-line route will let me order a phone for £44.98, with the option of entering a voucher code.  There is no such code is on either the email or letter. How do I get this code?

The text option also doesn't appear sensible.  How would BT associate such a text from a random (non-BT) mobile with my BT account?

Any suggestions as to how to claim this phone, without losing hours of my life in call centre queues and being bounced between different departments?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Digital Voice "free" phone?

Go to solution

do you have FTTP - fibre to your home?  if so try phoning FTTP Team 08005874787 and see if they will supply your phone/adapter

Have you tried texting as suggested?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

@Fibre-Hopeful 

If you already have an existing phone, then you can simply plug it into the socket on the SH2 and it will work as it did when it was connected to your copper landline.

0 Ratings
BAFlyer
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

You can get the code by entering bt.com/DVequipment into a web browser. Your asked to enter your phone number which checks your status for Digital Voice and then gives you a code for one free device, either phone or adapter.  I got my free phone 3 weeks ago but have not yet been switched over to Digital Voice but it did connect to the Dect base station in the SH2.

Fibre-Hopeful
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution
Doesn't work for me - doesn't ask for phone number and tries to charge me for the device.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

@Fibre-Hopeful wrote:
Doesn't work for me - doesn't ask for phone number and tries to charge me for the device.

Its a popout window,  perhaps your browser is blocking it?

Try https://shop.bt.com/other-pages/bt-customer-offers/bt-digital-voice-customer?ReferrerID=BTDV&utm_sou...

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

When I select the link in your initial post I am immediately presented with a request for my phone number to check whether I am eligible for code for free device.

If you don't get that then try a diffent browser

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Fibre-Hopeful
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks for that.  No popup with Firefox, but it worked with Edge.

0 Ratings
jeanettehoney
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

My existing phone will not plug in to the hub. Different size completly

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

the green socket on back of SH2 is a standard fit for same phone cable that is connected to your phone socket so you must have a non standard phone cable   how did you connect it previously

0 Ratings