cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Digital Voice sound quality

Hi. Very recently had Full Fibre Broadband and Digital Voice installed. Has anyone else experienced poor sound quality from brand new telephones? Taking and making calls is hard work because of the muffled and indistinct sound. Certainly not the 'crystal clear' sound I've been promised. Very frustrating - feel like going back to my old hands-free phones which were perfectly clear.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Digital Voice sound quality

I have digital phone and have used them for months and the sound quality is great and perfectly clear. Have you tried unpairing  them from the SH2 and then repairing. Which phones do you have basic or advanced.  I have used both and sound quality equally as good

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

imjolly - thanks for your reply. I was sent (a week after Digital Voice activated!) 2 'Essential Digital Home Phones' which I'd assume are a bit better than 'basic'. I haven't tried any fixes 'cos I wouldn't know what to do for sure. I'm just comparing to my previous BT cordless phones which worked perfectly well when the base station was plugged into new hub. I expected what it said on the tin but am very disappointed at the moment. I'll try re-pairing both handsets as you suggest and report back. Cheers!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

The essential phones are the basic ones with the advanced or premium being the better.  The choice was 2 essential or 1 premium/advanced

have you tried disconnecting your old phones from the hub and see if that helps

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

I disconnected old phones before setting up new ones. I wasn't given a choice of phones, I was just sent these because a) should have had one BEFORE service installed and b) when requested at time of install were supposed to send straight away but I had to ask again. Didn't get for over a week! Asked for 2 as compensation for agro but now wishing I hadn't bothered!
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

In another thread I referred to the proclivity of technology for making things worse rather than better.    I have four phones,  the newest of which was manufactured in the early eighties,  the oldest in the mid-seventies.    Despite various faults with the line and the service itself along the way,  the phones themselves are still working perfectly well.    There's no  'pairing'  or  'unpairing';   there's no  'premium'  or  'basic';   you just plug them in and they work  ( as long as the line itself is working ).    I've been called a dinosaur many times,  and I freely accept that;   but I'm a dinosaur with working phones.

Sorry ... not totally relevant,  I know.    I couldn't help myself.    Please forgive me.

0 Ratings