cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Digital Voice switchover by 2025

Go to solution

Hello, 

If DV began 2 yrs ago and only 2 million Landlines have been converted out of 29 million facing a switch to DV, how on earth are BT going to meet the 2025 target deadline? Also, adding on to this we have 1.5M homes that don't have Internet access and will no doubt require an Engineer visit. The maths simply doesn't add up BT..... or have I missed something? 🤔 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Digital Voice switchover by 2025

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

BT are not responsible for 29 million connections, they are responsible for the customers they provide service to, I have no idea how many have a BT landline, at a guess maybe around 7 million.

If 2 million have been done then that only leaves 5 millions, most customers who renew and have no use of a landline are ditching it, so that's less customers to migrate.
They are done automatically in batches, if that needs to speed up, I'm BT are capable of increasing it.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

There's an article re this in The Financial Mail on Sunday,re BT and Digital Voice switchover. That's where I got my stats. from. Obviously misunderstood the article then as it implied it was only about BT. No other Providers were mentioned! 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@ljmwrote:

Obviously misunderstood the article then as it implied it was only about BT.

Most articles fail to explain the difference between Openreach and BT Retail, ultimately the other CP's that use the Openreach network will roll out their own plans, when/how is down to them.

BT have digital voice, designed to replace the PSTN switch off.

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Yes, thx for that Richie. Think ur right about that one. Don't think Openreach was mentioned at all, only BT. If Openreach had been mentioned it then clearly that encompasses other Providers too. 

0 Ratings