cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Digital Voice telephones

Go to solution

Can customers only use BT Digital Voice telephones when we are forced to change to Digital Voice telephony?  Where can we actually see the specification of these 'phones?  If the 'phones do not connect through WiFi, how can we extend the range of DV phones for a large house?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Digital Voice telephones

Go to solution

You can use any cordless DECT handset but may not get the full feature set that you get with the BT phones. The range of DECT is much greater than wifi.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

@Booley 

You can continue to use your existing phones, by plugging them into the phone socket on the back of the smart hub 2.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks.  Good to know DECT has a greater range.  I suppose this is going to be a case of 'suck it and see'.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Indeed so, you may be pleasantly surprised.

Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
@Keith_Beddoe - I have several existing home phones and several phone sockets around the house. Can I wire my existing BT main socket into the BT2 Hub? Will that work?
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Yes, see this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for the link to the other thread.  Very helpful.  Will talk to the alarm co but expect they will have to use a SIM solution (at much higher cost) as otherwise cutting the power will disable the alarm.

Extraordinary that with this issue running for months BT are incapable of giving a straight answer to a simple question.  

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

@Booley wrote:

Thanks for the link to the other thread.  Very helpful.  Will talk to the alarm co but expect they will have to use a SIM solution (at much higher cost) as otherwise cutting the power will disable the alarm.

Extraordinary that with this issue running for months BT are incapable of giving a straight answer to a simple question.  

What is wrong with using a UPS, its a much cheaper solution that changing the alarm system, which must also have its own backup battery anyway?

Something like the Cyberpower BR700ELCD-UK (about £81) is a possibility, and would allow all broadband kit to be plugged into it.

Keith_Beddoe_0-1631860360414.jpeg

BT cannot be responsible for the mains supply to your property. The power feed from the exchange will not exist in future, as the equipment will be removed.

0 Ratings