cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Digital Voice

I have FTTP provided through a hybrid drop-wire with fibre providing my broadband through a Smart Hub 2 and a copper pair for landline phone.  BT plan to convert my landline to Digital Voice. Currently my landline terminates on a NTE in my garage.  No phone is plugged into the socket on the front of the NTE and my phone network is wired into the back of the NTE.  My phone network consists of a DECT system with 3 handsets and a single hard-wired phone.  My understanding is that my hub supports a socket for old-style analogue phones and a built-in DECT terminal.  Can these be used simulatneously for Digital Voice?  On conversion day, I plan to move the existing DECT base unit to a position adjacent to my hub and plug it into the broadband hub's phone socket (as advised by BT although this is not terribly clear) and associate my hard-wired phone with the broadband hub through my free Digital Voice Adapter. Will this work OK?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Digital Voice

@billm 

Yes, the phone socket on the Smart Hub 2 supports any existing phone, and can be used as well as the home hub DECT.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

@Keith_Beddoewrote:

@billm 

Yes, the phone socket on the Smart Hub 2 supports any existing phone, and can be used as well as the home hub DECT.

Sounds promising.  Do you or does anyone know please if there's any instructions on how to make that DECT hub work and register phones to it?  I've searched and searched and can't find any instructions so I'm suspicious it's a future capability.

When I interrogate the hub it just shows this greyed out phone icon saying 'Not Configured'

BT Hub.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

You need to wait until Digital Voice is activated.

Message 5 of 7

Aha

Thanks for the quick reply Keith

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Thanks for the replies.  I'm not seeing anything about Digital Voice on my dashboard unlike Stevek1311 who at least has something, albeit greyout.  I guess that box will appear once once something is plugged into the Digital Voice port and/or the service is activated?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Apologies.  Got the greyedout telephony box.  Wasn't looking at the Home page!!!!!

0 Ratings