cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Digital Voice

Hey guys,

I don't know whether this is in the right place or not, so please forgive me and move it if it isn't.

So, today, I got an Email from BT about something called 'Digital Voice'.  Basically it appears they are switching me to a VOIP service.

I upgraded my Broadband in December and, due to the lockdown, didn't have it upgraded until the end of April.  It's absolutely stunning by the way.

My questions are :

I am assuming my PSTN will cease to exist after tomorrow when the Digital Voice becomes active, so I am forced to buy a new phone?

As it's VOIP and Ergo there is no phone line, do I still get billed for a phone line?

Thanks for the help 🙂

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Digital Voice

To answer your questions there should be something in the comms to order your 1 (or 2) handsets depending on what model you go for as they're supplied & maintained by BT,

On the other point you don't pay "landline" rental it's line rental of the line used to deliver the broadband as well so there's no reduction in costs

Message 3 of 13

You should have been offered either a single Advanced phone or 2 basic phones when moving to Digital Voice. You can plug an existing phone into the phone socket at the rear of the hub.

You don't currently pay for a 'phone line', you pay for a broadband package which obviously needs a physical line to achieve with a phone package as an add-on if required.

Message 4 of 13

Thanks guys.  I didn't know anything about it to be honest.

I am on the 900MBps line so I am assuming it's because of that?  

Thanks for the answers - at least I know the 'Line Rental' piece on my bill is for the Broadband line 🙂 

Should I phone them to get the Digital Voice phone?  

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Yes, give customer services a call.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

You can also tryFTTP TEAM 08005874787 who helped someone else a week ago

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 13

Again,

Thanks guys 🙂 Will give them a ring tomorrow 😄

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

There is nothing in the letter or email from BT that indicates that hardware like a phone or dect adapter is available without charge? Do you have link that shows this? 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

@spile 

just try phoning the FTTP Team (assuming you have FTTP) and ask.  they should be able to help you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

So I infer from this that that details of this are not published in the digital voice faq or elsewhere? 

0 Ratings