cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Digital voice - BT Hub won't reach one of the BT digital phones - how to connect with TPLink?

Hi all - we have two digital phones from BT that arrived as part of the Digital Voice "upgrade".  One phone location is reached by the BT Hub.  The other isn't but we do already have TPLink extenders in various parts of the house to make sure we have wireless internet throughout.

How do I make the phones talk to the TPLink Extenders?  Simply pressing the "Pair" button on the side of the Extender doesn't work.

Thanks

Andrew

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Digital voice - BT Hub won't reach one of the BT digital phones - how to connect with TPLink?

Hi @Andrew59   Digital Voice does not use WiFi. The Hub WPS button has a dual function which also pairs your DV phones using DECT.

Message 3 of 5

Re: Digital voice - BT Hub won't reach one of the BT digital phones - how to connect with TPLink?

Hi @VeteranISPUser - are you saying that if the hub can't reach the phone, that's it, no solution for that location?

Thanks

Andrew

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Andrew59   I will leave the answer to your question with those with greater knowledge. However as a DECT range is typically up to 300 metres have you tried pairing it next to the hub and then moving it to its final location? You cannot compare it with a WiFi signal.

Message 5 of 5

@VeteranISPUser  - thanks for the help.  The signal has to go through two internal walls and two external walls.  I will try with the other phone to see if it reaches and therefore a problem with the 'phone.

Thanks for your help.

Andrew

0 Ratings