cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 30

Re: Digital voice (FTTP new install) - can dial out but not receive calls

I too have had a similar problem since switching to BT, the digital voice allows outbound calls but no inbound. 

I checked all the settings within Digital Voice to ensure that there are no blocks or call diversions in place via the BT Call Protect & CNF settings page.  

Contacted BT and they have confirmed that there is a configuration issue, they've also sent a free set of BT digital voice handsets for the inconvenience. 

Hopefully they'll have the issue resolved shortly, fingers crossed.  😁

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 30

How long has this been going on for you? I don’t know if I ought to be kicking up more of a stink? 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 30

Have a nosey at https://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk/threads/bt-broadband-voip-problem.36856/page-2

And one of the guys on there has been trying to help me, he’s looked in to my number and suggests it once was a Virgin number (before we moved here previous owner had our number in a previous house with Virgin)

;

””When a number which is ported ceases the Losing Communication Provider hands it back to the Range Holder (RH) who then needs to set up the new routing or leaves the number vacant.

If the Gaining Communication Provider is the RH then they can deal with this and setup the service. However if the RH is another CP then instead of it being a simple switch it needs the RH to be informed to set up the routing to the Gaining Communication Provider.

In your case it appears that Sky is the LCP, BT is the GCP and Virgin are the RH. So that is probably where the issue is.

I suspect that they have either not been told or have not acted accordingly.“”

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 30

I have had an ongoing issue with the new Digital Voice HD phone. Installation was easy and I installed the phone last December and it worked for what we thought all out going calls we made and "incoming calls".

It was after Christmas when we realised in January 2021 that some incoming calls were not getting through and after a short period of investigation  reviewing whether I had accidentally blocked these callers ( who eventually rang in on our mobile numbers) I lodged a fault/complaint with BT at the beginning of Feb this year and BT kept updating the website over the last couple of months to say fault is still undergoing investigation. Then the update changed to stating that they hoped to have the fault rectified and getting fed up with this I complained yesterday on 31 March and eventually someone rang back and said that they would ring me again today when they had more information. Mysteriously I get an email yesterday stating that they had"closed my case" (We've now closed your case. Your reference number is V***************. etc. )

THE PROBLEM is the same old same old. After one call by me to one of the engineers I was told that there might be an issue with callers being routed  through old legacy exchanges. 
One of the failed callers I pointed out was NHS Wexham Park Slough hospital who complained that they could not use our "landline number" it was critical at time as Mother in Law was undergoing surgery and we needed emergency contact. Another caller was the solicitors firm for my fathers estate and complained that our landline was blocking calls. 

It seems as though all mobile callers can get through and some landlines but not all.

Now the problem still exists so is this the way BT fix problems?

I have to say that having moved to a new house with FTTP fibre etc and being sold a new install and being advised that such problems that we had with  our old BT install in our old house over in Warfield where we got faults so regularly we were always getting small comp payments from BT I thought that I had left all these time consuming hassles behind me!

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 30

Hi @nigelwarfield welcome back to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're having problems receiving some calls after transferring to digital voice. I've sent you a private message so you can get in touch.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 30

Hello.

I'm having a similar issue with DV since BT put a cease on my landline service without telling me a couple of weeks ago.  I'd had the DV service since 2019 without any problems.  After many calls and 4 hours on my mobile phone to various agents the line was eventually restored but I was told my old (BT) number of 20 years had been "lost" and I would have to have a new number!  Now I'm unable to receive calls from my family in Australia and friends in NZ.

Although reported to BT over a week ago no agent registered this as a fault until yesterday!

Can any of the Mods help please?

RIC9380

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 30

I have had same problem but BT state that it is not there issue but it is blamed on person/businesses calling from older equipment and exchange equipment installed in office for example our BT HD digital line is Bracknell 01344 and works with all mobile no’s dialling in but Wrexham Park Hospital from older NHS switching internal board gets number not working tone from their 01753 no. But 01753 nos from Windsor modern exchange works but my solicitor can’t use the number as in their office they have private switchboard and phone equipment that is clearly not compatible with fibre lines so they get unavailable etc  They are miles away near Guildford ie Haslemere exchange.

We have given up and use phone for outgoing but anything important we advise use our mobiles 

Impossible to resolve BT suggested keeping a log of those numbers but forget that we can dial out to all numbers but anybody including NHS Hosp has to be advised to USE OUR MOBILE numbers 

Very dissatisfied with this and no fix is on the horizon unless we had old copper installed which being new house on all fibre estate not feasible 

so big warning on this issue to anyone installing on a new estate 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 30

Did any of the moderators ever solve this issue about new DV lines not accepting incoming landline calls or calls from some mobiles? We are two months into a loop where BT keep doing the same reset over and over again with the same results…. Like other users with similar problems we are a new build with a fibre line…

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 30

No this has never been resolved. BT simply asked us in the end to keep a log of all the callers who claimed they could not use are new Fibre landline which is self defeating but they did not realise what they were asking.

Our landline works ok receiving mobile nos. That has never been an issue. It does receive calls from modern exchanges 

They blamed on the caller using an old fashioned exchange to route their calls through??!!! Nonsense of course. 

They dont like being reminded that most NHS hospitals use old analogue exchanges inside the hospital or at some hub that means that hospitals have to be given the mobile contact numbers

It has been conveniently brushed under the carpet by BT and when the contract is up I will review. They have historically elevated the case but as the last discussion was that the onus was on us to keep a log I gave up. 
We simply give out our mobile numbers now and dont bother giving out our landline to be on safe side.
It can be used as far as I am aware for all out going calls that we make.
So we are operating with about 75% efficiency I guess.

Nigelwarfield.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 30

Ours was an issue with Sky not releasing the number properly.
0 Ratings