cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Digital voice and external bell

We are just about to be transferred to Digital Voice.  We have two hard-wired extensions, which I understand I can continue to use with a digital voice adaptor, but we also have what used to be called a Magbell, an external 80D bell.  I'd be surprised if this can be connected to a digital voice adaptor - so what are the alternatives?  Is there a wireless external bell that I can use to replace the 80D?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Digital voice and external bell

If it plugs into a normal phone socket then you can plug it into the phone socket on your Smart Hub 2.

That bell does seem to have a REN of 1.0 so it ought to work as long as you don't use a splitter to put another phone on that socket.

You can plug other phones into Digital Adaptors around the house without affecting it.

Richard

Message 3 of 7

Thanks for that Richard.   How do I get hold of additional Digital Voice adapters?  BT seem to limit them to one per household , even though the manual says the Smart Hub  can support up to five.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

I think the hub supports 5 connections whether that is phones or dect adapters.  from reading the spec it appears you either get phone or adapter and you need to pay for additional ones

try FTTP TEAM 08005874787   you never know someone may give you another one free

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 7

@imjollywrote:

I think the hub supports 5 connections whether that is phones or dect adapters.  from reading the spec it appears you either get phone or adapter and you need to pay for additional ones

try FTTP TEAM 08005874787   you never know someone may give you another one free

Just for info (if anyone's interested).

We've just changed over to DV, prior to that we already had the BT6500 Twin DECT phones.

Despite Googling it, I couldn't work out if we could register the DECT handsets to the SH2 and continue to use them, so out of curiosity I tried it and yes they do sort of work.

I say sort of because you can make and receive calls but the hub does not share the contact list with them and they don't share it with each other either, so in my case I had to manually enter the contacts into three handsets (the DV handset and the two DECT handsets). There are also other buttons (e.g. call history) on the old phones which no longer work.

Prior to the switch over each handset did of course share the contact list through the DECT base station, but I had to de-register them from that before I could register them to the SH2, hence the contacts list was lost 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@Les-Gibson 

Did you get the new DV handset with Alexa?  

I just shared my mobile phone contacts via Alexa  so my DV  handsets can now voice dial and no need to enter contacts.  Maybe not suit everyone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

@imjolly 

Yes we received the Advanced Digital Homephone which I believe is the Alexa one but I haven't set it up as an Alexa device.

0 Ratings