cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Digital voice and older BT hubs

Go to solution

My  BT invoice mentioned digital voice for the first time today so I was reminded it is coming. I have two separately broadband lines at home (and 2 landline numbers) for various complicated reasons which are not relevant here.

Both BT provided modems  for our house are not "smart hub 2". I just checked and they seem to be "BT Smart Hub". As I believe the new BT service will require smart hub 2 will people be provided with Smart Hub 2 by the time of the digital switch over?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Digital voice and older BT hubs

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Yes

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

BT service will require smart hub 2 will people be provided with Smart Hub 2 by the time of the digital switch over?

Yes.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Excellent. Thanks for the quick response.I just keep worrying about it as I am very wedded to my landlines and don't like change and would rather nothing changed as it always involves time, cost and things are usually worse anyway then before but happy to be proved wrong.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@Jane2018 wrote:

Excellent. Thanks for the quick response.I just keep worrying about it as I am very wedded to my landlines and don't like change and would rather nothing changed as it always involves time, cost and things are usually worse anyway then before but happy to be proved wrong.

I have recently been moved onto digital voice for free. I was kept fully updated by text, email and snail mail about what and when it would happen.

I already had the BT Smarthub2 which was free. I was supplied with a free digital phone before the change over. On the day of the change over I connected the free digital phone to the BT Smarthub as per the supplied instructions. 

I received a text from BT when the change over was completed at which point the digital phone worked and my "old" wireless phones stopped working. I then unplugged my "old" wireless phone base station from the house phone socket and plugged it into the BT Smarthub and it worked as did my wireless phone extensions that were connected to the base station.

It all happened seamlessly and took less than ten minutes for me to carry out the above.