cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 81 of 199

Re: Digital voice and power cuts.

There are a lot of features that aren't immediately obvious if you don't dig through BTs online stuff.  As long as you have the call mode set to multi-call (in Line settings) you can make and receive calls on 2 handsets simultaneously - and I think if you have call waiting enabled and you're already on a call you can transfer a new incoming call to another handset for someone else to answer it.  However I'm not sure if this works if you have one DV handset and your second 'phone is an analogue handset connected via a DV adapter - the manual states this feature is available if you have more than one DIGITAL home phone connected to the hub.   The Adapter just provides a DECT connection to your analogue phone, and that may not have the necessary functionality.  Interested to hear if it does work.

SeanD
Community Manager - Retired
Message 82 of 199

@Stevek1311 wrote:

That alternative power supply might be more needed that we thought

BT have decided they can't be bothered to sell a backup power supply for the HomeHub despite Ofcom's concession to them saying they have to have a solution available that provides an hour's back up 

'Sorry this product is no longer available' 

Not good, I wonder which of OfCom's requirement's they're going to ignore next.

Good morning @Stevek1311,

Thanks for highlighting this.  I have spoken with our Digital Voice team and they have confirmed that The Cyberpower backup for Digital Voice is out of stock at the moment but this product has not been discontinued and we expect to get new stock soon.

They have acknowledged that the message on the BT Shop page is misleading so they will update that page soon, so we don't cause any unnecessary concern.

Cheers

Sean

Message 83 of 199

@globe1nh

from previous posts you cannot transfer calls from DV phone to phone connected to hub socket if you have DV set to 'Multi'.  seems to transfer if set to single so choice appears two lines or ability to transfer

DV phone to DV phone is ok

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 84 of 199

@SeanDwrote:

@Stevek1311wrote:

BT have decided they can't be bothered to sell a backup power supply for the HomeHub despite Ofcom's concession to them saying they have to have a solution available that provides an hour's back up 

Thanks for highlighting this.  I have spoken with our Digital Voice team and they have confirmed that The Cyberpower backup for Digital Voice is out of stock at the moment but this product has not been discontinued and we expect to get new stock soon.

They have acknowledged that the message on the BT Shop page is misleading so they will update that page soon, so we don't cause any unnecessary concern.

Cheers

Sean

Thanks for that Sean 👍

You couldn't also ask them to properly list the Digital Voice Adapter too please?    It's going to be an essential for those with weirdly placed hubs but this is what you get if you try to find it on the BT Shop  https://shop.bt.com/search?q=digital%20voice%20adapter

'No Results Found
Well, this is a little embarrassing...

We’ve run your search term through our system and there are no results'

Message 85 of 199

@SeanDwrote:  I have spoken with our Digital Voice team and they have confirmed that The Cyberpower backup for Digital Voice is out of stock at the moment but this product has not been discontinued and we expect to get new stock soon. . . .

Of course that should mean any compulsory Digital Voice rollout should be paused until it is available because otherwise would be to break OfCom's concessed requirement that a solution has to be offered.  

0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager - Retired
Message 86 of 199

Thanks, @Stevek1311,

I have dropped the team a message to highlight your comment about the DV adapter.

We have a reserve of stock of the backup unit that we can supply to vulnerable customers who move to Digital Voice.  These will only be available on the BT Shop when we have spares to sell. 

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
Message 87 of 199

BT Shop still shows the FTTP back up power unit as 'We’re really sorry but we’ve sold out of this product and are unable to obtain more stock.'   So that promise of correcting it 'soon' wasn't realised

Not sure it's a useful (or OfCom compliant) solution anyway as in order to actually work through the power cut both the Hub AND the small white fiber to ethernet converter have to be backed up

Digital Voice Adapter still not findable through the BT Shop search

But on the positive side BT/OpenReach did deliver on their side of the bargain I made with them and relocated my hub.  

0 Ratings
Message 88 of 199

@SeanDwrote:

@Stevek1311wrote:

Cheers

Sean

Sorry Sean but your colleagues still haven't corrected that webpage for the backup power and they still haven't fixed the BT Shop search for the Digital Voice Adapter either and that is still bizarrely listed under Gaming and Gadgets

0 Ratings
Message 89 of 199

I have a Cyberpower UPS in my loft, which powers my ASUS RT-AX88U immediately below. It used to also power my DrayTek modem before I switched to FTTP a couple of weeks ago, so at that time, I could maintain internet connectivity during a power cut and I had a fixed phone wired to the BT master socket to take care of phone calls. Now that I have an ONT by my front door, I was wondering if the following device would be suitable as a backup power supply for the ONT. It's described on a well-known online website as an "Eaton 3S Mini - UPS - 36 Watt - 2.2 Ah - black, white"

0 Ratings
Message 90 of 199

Sorry Sixtiesfan no idea

I do have some more information about the BT Cyberpower UPS the one they say is still available but their shop says is never going to be and is supposedly BT's solution to OfCom requirements 

Seems it never is going to be fit for purpose

Here's the instruction manual: https://shop.bt.com/content/uni2/documentation/fv55/cyberpower_bbu__for_fttp.pdf 

Only one (12V) output!

But the 2021 FTTP installations consist of two boxes that need power.  There's a small white box that converts optical to ethernet and then there's the full Hub.  That UPS is never going to power both

So I went for a third party UPS that has 3 mains voltage UPS outputs but that solution was my choice.  BT are failing to meet the OfCom requirements that BT have to have a solution.  Do I dob them into OfCom?  Let's give them a few days to reply 

0 Ratings