Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 161 of 199

Re: Digital voice and power cuts.

Exactly

0 Ratings
Message 162 of 199

Comparing the images of the phones, the Advanced phone handset is a different shape to the DV Advanced handset, and the DECT phone doesn't have the HDVoice logo.  Also the charger bases are different.

0 Ratings
Message 163 of 199

...and the DV Advanced phone has a colour display - the DECT Advanced Phone doesn't.

0 Ratings
Message 164 of 199

Again this is where BT are not giving good online info

This from their Digital Voice FAQs https://www.bt.com/help/landline/digital-voice--will-my-existing-phone-and-fax-machine-still-work 

'Digital Voice: Will my existing phone and fax machine still work?
We recommend that you use our Essential or Advanced Digital Home Phones, which have been specially designed to use with our Digital Voice service.

You can order them when you place your order for Digital Voice. If you want additional handsets later, you can purchase them by contacting us on 0800 800 150.

They cost £44.99 for an Advanced Digital Home Phone with Alexa built in and £39.99 for an Essential Digital Home Phone. We recommend that you stick to one type of phone.'

And that phone set I linked to is labelled 'Advanced', is clearly digital and is clearly phones

Extremely likely people have bought it believing they were buying the right thing.  

0 Ratings
Message 165 of 199

0 Ratings
Message 166 of 199

But you have to know that link exists

Also the BT Shop has a listing of all its 'Advanced' Phones - see https://shop.bt.com/learnmore/bt-branded-products-and-services/bt-home-phones

All 5 listed have their own base hubs and seems none of them are actually the one some described above as being THE phone they need 

Mis-selling perchance?

0 Ratings
Message 167 of 199

@Stevek1311 wrote:

No you don't, not heard of Google? That's how I found it just now.

Message 168 of 199

I agree. it is extremely confusing to have a BT Advanced Phone and a BT Advance Digital Voice phone, particularly as on the page you sent a link to, all the advertised phones are described as  Advanced phones, but at the bottom of the page the "Customers who viewed this product went on to purchase..." section shows that some customers viewed the Advanced phone, and then purchased the BT "Advanced Digital Home Phone - Additional Handset".  It doesn't actually state Digital Voice in the product header but when you dig into the Product Description it states "The Advanced Digital Home Phone, offers Digital Voice customers great features with crystal clear HD calling".

Message 169 of 199

@licquoricewrote:

@Stevek1311wrote:

No you don't, not heard of Google? That's how I found it just now.

IE as I said, you have to know

But if you are just an average person and just follow the information BT give you then you will likely end up buying the wrong thing.  See links given above

Message 170 of 199

However, if you are moved to Digital Voice you are offered 1 Advanced or 2 Basic handsets free so there is no need to purchase one anyway.