cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 171 of 199

Re: Digital voice and power cuts.

@globe1nhwrote:

I agree. it is extremely confusing to have a BT Advanced Phone and a BT Advance Digital Voice phone, particularly as on the page you sent a link to, all the advertised phones are described as  Advanced phones, but at the bottom of the page the "Customers who viewed this product went on to purchase..." section shows that some customers viewed the Advanced phone, and then purchased the BT "Advanced Digital Home Phone - Additional Handset".  It doesn't actually state Digital Voice in the product header but when you dig into the Product Description it states "The Advanced Digital Home Phone, offers Digital Voice customers great features with crystal clear HD calling".

Ask BT for your money back because of mis-selling?

What you could try though is taking the handset delinking it to the current hub and seeing if it will cordlessly link to the Smart Hub

0 Ratings
Message 172 of 199

It may be confusing but it isn't mis-selling.  Caveat emptor.

0 Ratings
Message 173 of 199

@licquoricewrote:

However, if you are moved to Digital Voice you are offered 1 Advanced or 2 Basic handsets free so there is no need to purchase one anyway.

Not an automatic offer.

I was offered a Digital Voice Adapter and only when I complained that it didn't actually work for Caller ID did they offer that Advanced phone

(A phone so 'advanced' (not) it doesn't even have the functionality of my years old BT DECT phones - another thread beckons)

0 Ratings
Message 174 of 199

@Stevek1311 wrote:

But you have to know that link exists

As been said, the link can be found by a simple Internet search and also if you go to the BT Help button at the top of the BT web pages and click on Landline and Digital Voice then select the question that you think is appropriate to your problem such as "Moving to Digital Voice" then work your way through the Q&A as you see fit.

BT Help | Get support with BT products and services | BT Help

BT Landline help | Support with your BT Landline | BT Help

Moving to Digital Voice | BT Help

Message 175 of 199

@Stevek1311 wrote:

@licquoricewrote:

However, if you are moved to Digital Voice you are offered 1 Advanced or 2 Basic handsets free so there is no need to purchase one anyway.

Not an automatic offer. Yes it is. I am being moved at some point in the future and I have been offered either an adaptor or a DV Advanced phone free of charge. It arrives this week. The offer came via an explanation of what is taking place and how to set up my existing phone and or a DV phone. 

I was offered a Digital Voice Adapter and only when I complained that it didn't actually work for Caller ID did they offer that Advanced phone

(A phone so 'advanced' (not) it doesn't even have the functionality of my years old BT DECT phones - another thread beckons)

Message 176 of 199

@licquoricewrote:

By and large a meaningless term for consumer buying since the 2008 regulations where the buyer can show a reasonable person could have been misled.   The law assumes the company had far more resources than the buyer to have a fair bargain made so they have the responsibility for 'the good-faith standards of skill and care that a trader in that industry would be expected to exercise towards customers'.

A lot will depend on the exact circumstances of the purchase.  Buy a BT product off a third party like Amazon and the situation would be different.

0 Ratings
Message 177 of 199

@gg30340wrote:  Yes it is. I am being moved at some point in the future and I have been offered either an adaptor or a DV Advanced phone free of charge. It arrives this week. The offer came via an explanation of what is taking place and how to set up my existing phone and or a DV phone. 

Awkwardly for you your own advice in your preceding post shows that to not always be true

https://www.bt.com/help/landline/digital-voice-migration 

'Does my current phone need to be next to the Smart Hub 2?

If you plug your phone into a telephone socket that's not near to your Smart Hub 2, that's ok. You can either use an adapter to connect them, or get a Digital Voice home phone and remotely connect it to your smart hub.

You can order either an adapter or a Digital Voice home phone free from bt.com/DVequipment. Or text the word ADAPTER or HANDSET to 61998.'

'Order' meaning have to pay money.

0 Ratings
Message 178 of 199

@Stevek1311 wrote:

'Order' meaning have to pay money.

I think you need a new dictionary

0 Ratings
Message 179 of 199

@Stevek1311 wrote:

@licquoricewrote:

By and large a meaningless term for consumer buying since the 2008 regulations where the buyer can show a reasonable person could have been misled.   The law assumes the company had far more resources than the buyer to have a fair bargain made so they have the responsibility for 'the good-faith standards of skill and care that a trader in that industry would be expected to exercise towards customers'.

A lot will depend on the exact circumstances of the purchase.  Buy a BT product off a third party like Amazon and the situation would be different.

Why would BT deliberately mislead customers into buying one product rather than another?

0 Ratings
Message 180 of 199

Of course they wouldn't do it deliberately but their responsibility is not to mislead

I say again.  Digital Voice is a good idea but BT are handling this appallingly with misleading information and seemingly no joining up between BT the communications supplier and BT Shop that they assume know what they are doing.

0 Ratings