cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 37

Re: Digital voice 'phones only work near your hub!

Go to solution

Polarity doesn't matter

Message 32 of 37

Go to solution

I recently 'upgraded' to Halo 3 as I knew I'd need a disc and a re-install of my Home Hub. I duly booked a 2 hour slot and a smart, polite person arrived from 'Cube'. I explained that my problem was that the Digital Voice range of my hub was less than my old BT cordless phones. No Problem! Digital Voice is carried over BT WiFi discs!

I don't know why I believed this. So I now have wonderful WiFi coverage but poor DV. I know you'll tell me to use my old cordless phones, but I actually like DV - 2 lines and useful facilities. 

I can't go back to the original configuration so now I am stringing my Home Hub from the ceiling to get the extra coverage that I need. 

How do I stop being given incorrect advice about BT products? - I feel that perhaps  if I could stop someone else being misled it would be worthwhile. How do I do that?

PS I'm new to this forum - sorry if I've done it wrong! 

Message 33 of 37

Go to solution

if new members to forum want information on DV then should read the FAQ

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Digital-Voice-FAQs/td-p/2207485

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 34 of 37

Go to solution

Digital voice is absolutely not transmitted via your WiFi discs.  Because of the layout of my house, I have four WiFi discs and my internet is great.  My new digital phones however would only work in the lounge next to the hub and in the kitchen close by.  Anywhere else and they would drop out, cut off calls or just not connect at all.  Talk about a backwards step BT!  If you look further back in this thread you will find there is a way to get your old cordless phones working again.  Good luck. 

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 37

Go to solution

Wish I had joined this Forum after 17th April 2023 when I agreed to the changes. Open Reach came on 3rd May and first cut off the land line then the existing broadband before discovering new fibre optic cable route blocked outside house. Left abandoned with no landline and no broadband. Mini EE hub sent and landline calls diverted to mobile till 6th June whilst digging completed and Qube  technician appeared to finish set up . 
With Full Fibre installation existing wiring and sockets were to be removed and devices checked. 
After many phone calls, complaint raised finally gave up on 13th June having received 4 handsets but not aware of not working near hub although Qube technician decided that existing old Bt analogue phones not compatible with new DV ( he said he had not come across this before after speaking to his “coach”  

Not at all the the simple process described by the marketing call and for a communications company a continuous series of over promising and under delivering. 

Much buck passing between BT, Open Reach and Qube  with eventually giving up and closing complaint !

Compensation offered at £5 per day an absolute insult.

Makes you wonder if BT ever read these comments and learn from them.

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 37

Go to solution

I sympathise! Sounds like a parallel story to my own.  I get grief from my dear wife who can't make calls from places she used to. With a certain amount of experimentation with the hub location it's tolerable.

Now my Wi Fi calling has stopped which is even worse!

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 37

Go to solution
Thanks - think I’ve been in a parallel universe for the past 5 weeks! Hope it’s really the Wi-FI and not the wife that has stopped calling ?
0 Ratings