cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Digital voice question

Go to solution

Hello,  I've received a letter telling me I'm going to be switched to Digital Voice and my old phone line will stop working, but that this shouldn't affect my broadband.  I've only got one wall socket with an ADSL filter with my Smart Hub and landlne phone both connected to the ADSL filter.  So both the broadband and the landline run off the same line, so how can it not affect my broadband if the phone line is switched off? I'm not techy at all, I tried calling the 0800 number on the letter only to be told there's a 30 minute wait to speak to someone.  I just want to know that my broadband is still going to work when this happens, can anyone explain?  Thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Digital voice question

Go to solution

Your broadband will not be affected with the switch to digital voice just your phone will no longer work connected to the filter

You can connect your existing phone to the socket on the back of the SH2.  If you do not currently have a SH2 one will be sent. Were you offered a NEW DV phone or adapter?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi, thank you for the quick reply.  I'm relieved my broadband won't be affected.  Yes, I've got a Smarthub2 that I can plug the landline phone into, if it has the same type of connection as the ADSL filter?  Yes, the letter offers me either an adapter or a Digital Voice home phone but I'm afraid I've got no idea whether I need one of these or not.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

It is up to you but if you just have one existing phone then you could get the advanced DV phone as the SH2 acts as a dect base station so you basically have a cordless phone and possibly with ALEXA built in which I find very good

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

OK, I'll ask for a phone then!  Thanks very much for your help, I appreciate it and saved me a long wait on the phone to BT.

0 Ratings