cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Digital voice

Go to solution

I have just had Fibre/digital installed, which comes with a special handset. Will this over-ride my Advanced Phone Quad setup.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Digital voice

Go to solution

@Acrapnell wrote:

I have just had Fibre/digital installed, which comes with a special handset. Will this over-ride my Advanced Phone Quad setup.

@Acrapnell 

Just plug your existing phone system into the phone socket on the back of the BT Smart Hub 2, and it will works just as it did before. The special handset is just an extra bonus, which works independently.

Keith_Beddoe_0-1634296339054.jpeg

Its the socket shown in green, that is where your phone should plug into, just remove any sticker.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks I got the impression that the new handset overode everything else.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@Acrapnell wrote:

Thanks I got the impression that the new handset overode everything else.

No, it does allow you to make an additional outgoing call, even if your existing phone line is in use.

For some people, who just have a wired phone, the free DECT handset could be useful.  In your case, just plug the base unit of your existing system, into the socket on the home hub.

If that is  not convenient, then you can request a free digital voice adapter which you can plug into a mains socket and it acts as a DECT receiver, and allows you to plug your base into it.

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
OK Thanks
0 Ratings