cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Digital voice

Go to solution

Hi,

I'm very anxious about the digital voice thing, connecting phones to hub etc. Will the phone not work if I don't do this? My phones are cordless, but the main one connected to the phone socket is nowhere near the hub. Am so confused and finding the very technical instructions distressing! Help!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Digital voice

Go to solution

@Brainfog3 

If you request the Digital Voice Adapter, then you can plug that in near where your master socket is, and plug your existing phone base unit into it, and it will work just as it did before.

See https://www.bt.com/help/user-guides/phones/digital-voice/digital-voice-adapter

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Alternatively, you can request 2 basic or 1 advanced Digital Voice handsets which are simply cordless phones that connect to the Hub (which is a DECT cordless base station) instead of using your current cordless phones.

Another alternative is to register your current handsets to the Hub instead of your existing base station.

Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Will my phones work if I don't do anything?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@Brainfog3wrote:

Will my phones work if I don't do anything?

Hi @Brainfog3   No.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Enormous thanks! Phones on their way. No landline availability till then, but shall see if I can manage something not entirely straightforward at the hub till then. Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Yes, a landline is available before the phones arrive. Just plug either your existing base station or corded phone into the  green phone socket at the rear of the hub.