cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 18

Digital voice

Go to solution

Is digital voice available on FTTC or do you need FTTP?

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Re: Digital voice

Go to solution

Hi @tmarsh12345 

Thanks for your post and good question.

Digital Voice is available on both FTTC and FTTP lines.  However, we're only offering Digital Voice in certain scenarios to begin with.  We will contact you to let you know when you can move over to Digital Voice.  In the meantime, you can check out the following link for more info >> What is Digital Voice and how do I get it? <<

Cheers,

Robbie

Message 3 of 18

Go to solution

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 18

Go to solution

Just off the phone to BT and they say digital voice is not available on FTTC, must be FTTP.  Is that correct?  Or do they mean it's just not offered to FTTC users at this time?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 18

Go to solution

You were given the answer earlier by @RobbieMac 

Its not available to you so its academic why.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 18

Go to solution

@tmarsh12345 wrote:

Just off the phone to BT and they say digital voice is not available on FTTC, must be FTTP.  Is that correct?  Or do they mean it's just not offered to FTTC users at this time?

It is all tied up with the phased closure of the analogue phone network. Your FTTC connection would not be part of the current phase, but is likely to be in future.

Why the rush for BT Digital Voice, you may regret it?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 18

Go to solution

I have just moved to BT FTTP so have ordered digital voice for myself as it will be switched over anyway, 2025 I think.  The FTTC digital voice is for my mother-in-law, her old landline phone needs replacing so it makes sense to go digital now if possible, that's why I'm trying to get it, hence my question.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 18

Go to solution

Bear in mind, she would lose her phone line in a power cut, and that phone line may be essential.

Personally I would leave things alone. If she needs non-wired phones, then there are plenty of existing DECT phones available, and they can still be used with Digital Voice by plugging them into the smart hub 2. Also normal wired phones are cheap and plentiful, and they can still be used with digital voice.

Of course both those option do not work during a power cut, unless some form of backup power unit is available.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 18

Go to solution

Yes, fair point.  She does have a mobile but prefers the landline.  My thinking was if she has to change eventually she might as well get a free phone but as you say, they are cheap enough.

Interesting that phones will no longer work in a power cut.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 18

Go to solution

@tmarsh12345 wrote:

Interesting that phones will no longer work in a power cut.

No different to existing cordless phones which do not work in power cut

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings