cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 25

Re: Digtal Voice

My Mate VINCE on you tube did this with hub 2 he manged to connect 5 phones to it thats using the port on the hub connect it to master phone socket and sockets around the house you can do it its the same as nomal phone lines in REN equivalence
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 25

I spent almost 20 years working for BT fitting phones, both hard wired and PST. I don't need you or your mate Vince to tell me HOW to do it but I would like to know where you got the information that the REN rating of a SH2 is the same as a normal copper phone line. THAT is the information I am looking for. I have known a copper line to be able to support a REN of 8 but I wouldn't expect a SH2 to have that ability. 

Message 13 of 25

i can only say 3 or 4 phones with have a ringer its depends on the phone you want to use i only rely on the facts and people testing how many phones they can connect and some videos of this turn up on you tube it can be learning thing off thats were i get my information
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 25

So what you're really saying is that you don't know the answer to my question!

Message 15 of 25

I tested the hub with 5 "normal wired phones" all connected to the hub socket, (two being old 700 series). The ringing on the older phones was a little underpowered, at the very end of the chain, (three storey, old house)  but it did ring all 5 phones . 

Message 16 of 25

And what was the total REN of all your 5 phones? Were the 700 types high or low impedance bell coils? This still doesn't tell me what the rated REN capability of the SH2 is. You may get many phones to ring  but if it's outside the SH2 rating the long term reliability may suffer. 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 25

no one knows how long the SH2 rating the long term reliability may suffer though the phone port it may not or will that why you can connect DV with DH up to 8 via wifi with bt headsets there own Digtal Headsets i don't know if they can connect to the wifi dishs they have.

you can turn off the ringers if you don't need every phone to ring if you use the port on the back

there is testings still going on with how many you can connect via the phone port on the back you maybe get 1 or 2 years out of the SH2 its all depends on when that person how many phones have connected via that phone port it seams 5 is the limit for the ringing

no one really knows the REN capability yet via the port and the long term reliability of it people is still testing this
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 25

@GeoffO1 

Here is a link to the information about tests I carried out.  It won't give you a definitive answer, but it might assist in your deliberations:

https://bt-digital-voice.blogspot.com/

Message 19 of 25

Both low, the other phones are all REN 1.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 25

@JB2016  That's very interesting and extremely informative, thanks for sharing. 

0 Ratings