Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tezz
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

Disabled

Go to solution

I am registered with you for priority repairs, with being disabled, should anything ever go wrong with my landline.  All my services are currently working great.  But, I have a question, someone told me, if I have a fault, and an engineer comes out to me, and it’s found to be my fault, for example, my extension wiring, the person told me, I would not have to pay the usual call out charges, because I am registered for priority repairs being disabled.  Could you please confirm, if this is correct?  All my service are working great, I just would like to know, for future reference, I case I do have any problems.  Thanks.🙂

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Starwire2000
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Disabled

Go to solution
Openreach would definitely charge BT, need the money to invest in Fibre Networks.

Not sure if BT would pass the charge on or not though?
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @Tezz welcome to the community and thanks for posting.  With the free priority fault repair scheme you get priority over standard faults by dealing with them as soon as we possibly can.

What you have been told is not correct the engineer may still raise a charge if the fault is found to be with your own wiring or equipment after the master socket. When reporting the fault we would advise if there is going to be a possible charge and carry out testing to ensure that your own wiring and equipment have been ruled out as the cause of the issue.

Tezz
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@NeilOwrote:

Hi @Tezz welcome to the community and thanks for posting.  With the free priority fault repair scheme you get priority over standard faults by dealing with them as soon as we possibly can.

What you have been told is not correct the engineer may still raise a charge if the fault is found to be with your own wiring or equipment after the master socket. When reporting the fault we would advise if there is going to be a possible charge and carry out testing to ensure that your own wiring and equipment have been ruled out as the cause of the issue.

Thanks for clarifying that up for me.  All the very best.👍

0 Ratings