cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

Do all FTTP get DV? and do DECT phones work with FFTP?

Recently had FFTP installed with an ONT box. At the moment we use DECT landline phone, and the “copper” as Openreach called it will be left in. So my DECT landlines are still working. 

My old smart hub stopped working on the copper, as expected, when the new smart hub was installed connected to FFTP. 

I wasn’t told if I was getting DV, but if not will I just keep connected to copper. If I find that they stop working and presume go to DV will these DECT work with the ONT box? Is that where you plug them in?

I’d be happy not to have a landline to be honest now as don’t use, is this a possibility? Do I still pay a

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: Do all FTTP get DV? and do DECT phones work with FFTP?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

You will eventually be moved to Digital Voice. You will be notified by email when this is going to happen.

When it does happen you plug your DECT phone into the green phone socked on the BT Smarthub. That is all you need to do.

Meanwhile just keep it plugged into the copper service.

Message 4 of 17

Ah ok thanks, Openreach eng just shrugged shoulders to be honest. Said that “those phones” won’t work, but still are on the copper, and was hopeful would either ONT box, so that’s good to know although now need another socket as location of ONT is different to old copper location. Again, Openreach didn’t say any of this….

Do you have to have a landline? Am I paying now as be happy not to have one, and just use our mobiles.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

@QoQLog into your hub and see if it shows your phone number if so you have DV.

Once you have DV.

Your existing DECT phones can work by either plugging the master into the phone socket in your hub, if not convenient you can get a DV extender (the first one free) from BT once linked to your hub (easy to link and instructions included) you can plug your master DECT phone into that.

OR

You should be able to link existing DECT phones to your hub (I have not tried this)

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

@QoQ wrote:
Do you have to have a landline? Am I paying now as be happy not to have one, and just use our mobiles.

Nope, you can have broadband without landline service and save yourself £5/m

Message 7 of 17

I get offered the same price with or without the phone.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

Is it not included in the BB charge? I can’t see it on bill for a spectate charge. 

Just says “pay as you go calling plan”. I’m happy not to have it though if saves

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

For new customers, naked broadband is £5/m cheaper than with landline. Who knows for existing customers, it could be no difference, £2/m, or £5/m difference depending on which way the wind is blowing on the day you ask.

Call packages are extra.

Message 10 of 17

For Landline read landline phone. You will always need a landline whether it is fibre or copper otherwise your broadband has no means of being delivered. What you can do without is the phone side of it if you want or you can move onto a pay as you go package.

0 Ratings