cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: Do all FTTP get DV? and do DECT phones work with FFTP?

You have to have a landline? Don’t surely now as don’t have to have copper if have FFTP

With help on here the phone is plugged into the smart hub for DV  

Landline are all going fibre route through there now as well, that’s what the DV is. 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

Sigh, you need a physical medium to deliver your broadband, either a copper wire or a fibre optic cable. What you call that is up to you.

Message 13 of 17

Sigh…yes I know you need either copper or fibre, what I asked was do you need to have a landline and pay for it as that is completely separate now that you have fibre. 

In the past companies got around this as you needed to have copper and then bundled the landline with it. I’m not sure now if there is an option to not have a landline if have full fibre. 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

you need to pay line rental for your copper or fibre connection and that is included in package.  people as so used to talking about landline and as they no longer use a landline phone think you don't therefore have to pay line rental - this is not the case

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

@QoQ  Have you actually read the replies in the thread?

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

I will try and make this easy to understand!  

If you want broadband, regardless of whether it is fibre or copper  you will need a landline of some description , the cost of this landline is included in the price of the broadband package.

If you want to make and receive telephone calls, regardless of how your broadband is delivered whether it is by fibre or copper, you will need to pay for a telephone package.

If you do not want to make or receive telephone calls regardless of how your broadband is delivered whether it is by fibre or copper you do not need to pay for a telephone package. 

Message 17 of 17

As others have said you can opt to have broadband only and drop the voice service (note I called it voice service there). This would save a few ££ a month. You will still need to pay for the maintenance of the cable be that copper or fibre to deliver your broadband service.

FLzQZJgXEAMLt5h.jpeg