Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geoffers1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Dodgy calls from BT?

Hi,

Yesterday I had a call to my landline from 01689-238422. The guy had a very thick accent (India maybe) and said he was from BT open reach. He said my broadband would stop working in 2 days if I didn't do 'something', although I could not work out what that was. When I questioned whether he was really from BT he became aggressive and so I hung up. Today I received another call from an 'unknown number' from an Indian(?) lady from 'BT' who also could not prove it. I can't tell if these are real or fake. I reported them on the relevant section of the website but have had no feedback. I have been trying to call BT since yesterday but the long wait times cause me to give up. Can anyone shed any light on this? Are the calls genuine? Is my broadband about to switch off?

I honestly can't understand how it can be so difficult to contact a telecommunications company. I work in customer service and on the first day of lockdown all calls were routed to mobiles and customers never experienced any degradation in service. I have been on hold for BT for 40 mins now. The service is appalling.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Dodgy calls from BT?

The call is not from BT. It is a scam call.

0 Ratings
StewM
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

Hi, @Geoffers1 don’t waist your time. They are scam calls.

edit @pippincp can type faster 🤪

Stew

0 Ratings
Geoffers1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Thank you both 🙂

0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

@StewMwrote:

Hi, @Geoffers1 don’t waist your time. They are scam calls.

edit @pippincp can type faster 🤪

Stew

😉🤣

0 Ratings