cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: Elderly parents with no landline

Yes - it has been reported (by a relative who called my parents and couldn’t get through).

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 14

@Swimmumwrote:

someone in sales who tried to sell her some kind of fault resolution service for £35 a month  (I have no idea what this might be?) 

There is no such product or service that BT sell to offer or increase 'fault resolution', I think there was a misunderstanding over the phone.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

I’m sure you’re right but - as I have explained - I am 250 miles away,  my mother struggles with using a mobile and I can’t be sure who she rang.  I spoke to her this morning - she’s really distressed and she’s convinced she rang BT but who knows?  Meanwhile I found a number for the vulnerable customer unit at BT.   I rang it, but after explaining the situation, I discovered I had been put straight through to retentions! They couldn’t help or put me through to the vulnerable customers unit because I didn’t have details of my parents last bill etc.  - and then the guy tried to sell me a change to my own package🤦🏻‍♀️

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

Just to update.  I rang back on the vulnerable customer number again and was again put through  to retentions.  For future reference, it seems BT don’t have a specific vulnerable customer team, but this time I spoke to someone who tried to help.  It turns out there is a major outage in my parents’ street so they’re not the only ones affected.  The fault should be fixed within 48 hours or worst case by Friday.  It doesn’t help us to be certain that it will be fixed by the time my mum is scheduled to do her telephone consultation with the doctor, but at least now I can contact the surgery and let them know the position and we can get some alternatives set up.