cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Engage tone landline

Sorry could not select the correct board to post question

New landline installed 

When some phones there saying that they don't no if the phone is disconnect at the time off phone because there is only one beep followed by silence at the time i was talking to someone else so there should of been an engaged tone

Any ideas 

Kind regards 

Neville 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Engage tone landline

Do you have a dial tone on your phone? Can you still make outgoing calls? This maybe a fault condition called ring trip. You will need to try a known working corded phone into the test point of your main phone socket. Ring your number from a mobile and see if you still get the same issue. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Phone is calling out receiving calls  with dial  tones 

The issue is when a second person is trying to contact me whist im on the phone to first person 

The second person reports that that there is a single beep then followed by silence 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Do you have call divert set up on your home number or do your calls normally go to 1571? 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Landline line phone was installed  4 days ago dont no how to check if call divert is active due to not having account number as yet

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

@neville3970 wrote:

Phone is calling out receiving calls  with dial  tones 

The issue is when a second person is trying to contact me whist im on the phone to first person 

The second person reports that that there is a single beep then followed by silence 

That would be the normal response from some calls from mobile networks. The calling mobile would display "busy" or similar, on its screen. There is no advantage to mobile operators, to have customers listening to engaged tone.

I would expect incoming landline calls to get busy tone, depending on the provider.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Not calling from mobile

Virgin media landline phoning my Bt landline 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

@neville3970 wrote:

Not calling from mobile

Virgin media landline phoning my Bt landline 

Possible VM returning the wrong results? What about other callers?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

All other providers to my landline  same result 

0 Ratings