cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

FTP and VOIP

BT installed their equipment, however the problem is that the digital phones only work if within 6m of ther hub.  BT tried the mesh system but made no difference.

Previously on ADSL2 wifi worked in all areas of the house without extenders etc.

Is there a way to resolve this , for example linkg the BT hub to a third party router (disabling the DHCP)?  I have no idea if this or wifi extenders would resolve the VOIP phone connection issues?  IE do IP phones work on standard wifi?

Thanks

R

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: FTP and VOIP

@robmar0se 

The phones use DECT not wireless, so the discs would not help, BT should have know that!

DECT normally works over quite a large distance from the Smart Hub 2. 

I  think you are a business user, based on your other posts, so it may be better to post on that forum.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

The phones are not Wifi, they are DECT ( cordless)

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Thanks Keith for the info. I wasn't aware the ip phones were DECT technmology.

Any idea how to resolve the issue as originally explained, as obviously 2nd Router/extenders are not a solution?

I am not a BT client, but asking on behalf of a BT consumer client who doersn't have the confidence to resolve this issue.  In this regard I assist both business and retail clients.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@robmar0se 

DECT should have a range of about 100 metres, so either the customer has stone walls, or the BT Smart Hub 2 DECT base unit is faulty, in which case they need to ask BT for a replacement unit.

Message 6 of 6

My DV telephones work great about 25 metres away (that's downstairs and to the bottom of the garden in a garage).

Maybe try moving the Smart Hub to a more central point of the house.

0 Ratings