cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

FTTP as a prerequisite for PSTN removal?

When I spoke to BT yesterday, the guy was very clear that I wouldn't be moved off PSTN until my line had been upgraded to "full fibre".  As we are currently FTTC, and have been requesting FTTP for years but being refused because of the number of wayleaves needed to dig down our unadopted road, I checked with him that he meant fibre all the way to the house.  He confirmed they did, and said it was because the copper wires were too unreliable for Digital Voice.

Is this a pre-req for everybody, or is there something special about our line(s)?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: FTTP as a prerequisite for PSTN removal?

BT rep in talking garbage shocker!

There are numerous members of this forum on DV & FTTC.

Message 3 of 10

Absolute nonsense, as your situation demonstrates, DV is an IP ( Internet Protocol ) system, so needs ‘broadband’ it consumes little bandwidth, it doesn’t need FTTP to deliver it .
Message 4 of 10

Rep talking rubbish - I was forcibly moved from PSTN to DV on my previous FTTC connection, despite the fact it had a fault that caused internet disconnection several times a day.

Message 5 of 10

Where do BT get these people from!!!

I have FTTC and Digital Voice

Message 6 of 10

I must have missed that memo, as I've been on FTTC/VDSL and DV since September.  (And as far as FTTP is concerned, Openreach are missing in action so god only knows when that will get here).

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

According to the Indeed website, a BT CS rep can be paid less than £19500 per year, what's that phrase about paying peanuts

Message 8 of 10

It’s always possible that the OP has misinterpreted what they were told , there is a post on here that has over 100 reply’s , with that post , the same questions are asked many times, and even though the answer has been provided , and then provided again ( and the information couldn’t be provided in a clearer or more  concise way ) , the same questions are asked again , hence the message count in three figures, when that happens you can only assume the information provided hasn’t understood….or it could be the BT ‘guide’ was speaking nonsense.

Message 9 of 10

Me too!  I've been on DV with FTTC since 2018.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Damn.  I was hoping that FTTP might be the upside of this confusion and inconvenience.