cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

Fault Reporting

Go to solution

Good evening,

I returned from holiday this morning to find my Internet is down and I have no dialing tone. 

Disappointing, but these things happen. Straight on to the website (via my mobile) to check my status. Advised to ring BT. Spoke to a very helpful and pleasant chap who advised that it looks as if I have been disconnected at the exchange. He advised it will be fixed within a few days. Fair enough. Received a text confirmation etc.

Late this afternoon however I receive an email saying my "complaint" has now been resolved and my case is closed.

Should that have been sent to me? How can I check my case has not been closed?

Grateful for any advice.

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: Fault Reporting

Go to solution

I would phone CS 0800800150 from mobile and check to see what is happening about your reported fault

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

This isn't a business service with a specific sla to fix the issue there are timeframes in which they aim to fix a fault. If service is down auto compensation should kick in as well but then that probably wouldn't be enough for you either @chudofbroady given what I've seen from you on here

Also @Elliboy the fact you said complaint & not fault makes me think it is likely still open & depending on what was said the advisor may have logged a separate complaint on the account which is what it sounds like has been closed as the fault is being worked on

Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

Thank you for your comments.

I rang BT and they were not certain why the "case is closed" email was sent. But the chap I spoke to advised me that the case was still open.

On the assumption that a disconnected at the exchange issue is easy to rectify I am optimistic it will be fixed soon. 

I've been with BT for donkey's years and have pretty much always had excellent service. Hope that continues.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

Received a text earlier on this evening to inform me that the fault has been fixed. Great, I thought. After switching everything back on it looks like there is no change. Nothing works.

Spoke to another pleasant chap at BT who has booked in an engineer's visit for Wednesday pm. Fingers crossed.

Incidentally, I've had to ring BT three times since Saturday afternoon. All three of the BT staff I have spoken to have been extremely pleasant, friendly and helpful. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @Elliboy,

Thank you for updating the thread. I'm sorry if the service still hasn't been repaired. If the engineer doesn't have the service back working on Wednesday, please post back and I'll take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

Just for the record....

Openreach engineer turned up on time. Called before hand to advise he was on his way. All fixed.

Very helpful and friendly. 

Obviously I would rather it hadn't gone wrong in the first place but these things happen.  I thought the time taken to repair the fault was reasonable. 

PaddyB - I appreciate your offer of assistance. 

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @Elliboy, thanks for the update and good news that you are now back in service 🙂

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

Perhaps not quite as fixed as I thought....

Last night the internet dropped out a few times. The hub flashed orange, but it restored itself after a couple of minutes. I just assumed it was "settling down".

However this morning we have noticed that the inernet drops out whenever we make or receive a landline call. We've tested it twice in the last half hour. Call is made, the phone is picked up, and the hub box goes orange about 10-15 seconds into the call. The Internet is restored shortly after the call is ended. 

Is this a common problem? I assume it isn't just "settling down".

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @Elliboy I'm really sorry to see you're still experiencing issues, that is one of the more common types of fault and it's definitely not due to the line settling down.

I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to help, but if this is urgent I'd recommend getting in touch with 0800 800 150 to report the fault as it will likely need another engineer visit.

Thanks

Neil 

0 Ratings