cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Fixing line going through other property

Hi,

I am tenant in a flat. The line goes out of my flat, through an agency before reaching the junction next to the road.

I lost internet (BT broadband) one week ago. After calling BT support, an openreach engineer came and diagnosed that they would need access inside the agency to resolve the problem.

The engineer and myself called the responsible of this agency, but they didn't let us access their property and told me that I should get a new line not going through their property instead.

Another engineer appointment is scheduled tomorrow, but unless openreach somehow managed to get access to that agency I don't expect it to go any further than the first one.

From a pragmatic point of view, what are my options and estimate timeline to get back internet connection?
I can think of the following:
- Getting openeach to access that agency.  There is usually no one physically present in that building these days, so if the agency responsible is not cooperative I don't expect that to happen soon.

- Digging a new line from another road junction to my flat.  No clue how long this would take and who would have to pay for that.

- Changing flat, I have one month notice so this might be the fastest and more reliable approach but would be quite a bit of hassle.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Fixing line going through other property

Hi @JohnSmith51, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.
It's an unusual scenario you have here. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you with this. 
Post an update on the scheduled engineer visit tomorrow just to keep us up to speed.

cheers

John 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Fixing line going through other property

Hi,

Problem got fixed today by re-establishing the line through the agency.

Best regards

0 Ratings