Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 71 of 77

Re: Full Fibre To The Property with Digital Voice and Third Party Router

@Keith_Beddoe 

Hi Keith. The BT website is still stating:

You can use Call Diversion in the following ways: 

• Using a handset that has an in-built Digital Voice service. This is easily identifiable by the HD logo on the handsets. 
  • Logging into My BT
  • Via a handset plugged into the home Hub

I have no clue about option 1, but could look into it if need be.

Option 2 seems easiest

Option 3, would be okay to do to set it up, then I could disconnect the home hub and hopefully the divert will happen externally and not rely on the home hub to do it?

I only need to retain the landline to capture calls from elderly relatives, hopefully an additional VOIP service will not be required, and if I can't retain my number, will be pointless anyway.

0 Ratings
Message 72 of 77

Option 1 refers to the BT Digital Voice phones which connect by DECT, to the Smart Hub 2.

It would be worth following the other thread, to see if there are any updates on this issue.

0 Ratings
Message 73 of 77

Ah, okay, so they probably will need a constant connection to the Hub, and I guess just having the hub powered on and not connected to the ONT won't work?

So, option 2 or 3 may still be viable?

I haven't been given any idea as to when the Digital Voice changeover will happen. I live in a rural village with a lot of elderly residents. I can imagine some fallout if / when they switch off the copper network.

0 Ratings
Message 74 of 77

You may find this of interest https://bt-digital-voice.blogspot.com/p/call-diversion-setting-up-without.html

Not sure who wrote it, but I can guess.

0 Ratings
Message 75 of 77

I'm just guessing here but perhaps somebody with DV can confirm. I suspect if you initiate the call diversion via DV and the SH2 and then disconnect the SH2, the diversion will continue to work until cancelled, again by way of DV and SH2.

0 Ratings
Message 76 of 77

I am prtty sure that is what is happening with my set ups.. Main reason is better wifi coverage. Much better. I tested it with BT wifi and then the Asus. The Asus was giving better speeds especially at the corners of the house even those parts nearer the bthub. Also my asus is at the back of the house so gives good wifi all over the garden. The BT hub is near the front of the house. The guest netwrok is also a good addition and all my grandchildren use that.
0 Ratings
Message 77 of 77

You don't need the sh2 connected at all,just use the app or through your bt account online to divert to any number.Or use the sh2 to do it then unplug.

Cost of diverting depends entirely on your 'deal' with your provider.

I'm payg for my dv so it costs per call but if you have unlimited calls as your package it is essentially free.

I also use my own asus router not sh2 but when using 2 routers I run into problems accessing/controlling router 2(double NAT),which has all my parental controls,so I just use the asus and do without dv.

SH2 does not have the needed parental controls/remote access options so isn't much use......