cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Full fibre: hub & internet working fine but advanced digital phone saying no internet

Hi

I've got full fibre installation.

Hub/internet working fine.

However digital advanced phone states:

• no internet connection is available
  • accessing the "192" status info shows that phone is apparently not configured -the phone has worked previously.

I unplugged the lot and left it for over a minute, connected it all up, used the WPS /pair device button all to no avail.

Has anyone any suggestions as to what I could try to get the phone to work please - if the number is rung from a mobile it goes straight to voicemail.

Cheers

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Full fibre: hub & internet working fine but advanced digital phone saying no internet

When you go to hub manager is phone number blue or greyed out?  If blue and you select that have you then tried reset the dect base and see if that helps

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: Full fibre: hub & internet working fine but advanced digital phone saying no internet

Hi

Many thanks for prompt response.

Smart Hub 2 Manager states following wrt phone - it is in a red box, not blue or grey:-

"phone icon" Not configured

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Not seen any posts about 'RED BOX'  so maybe better phoning FTTP TEAM  08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Thanks, I've given them a call, explained that I have tried to set the system up afresh but it still won't work.  The chap seemed confused about an advanced digital phone and was asking me to ensure it was plugged into the Hub............... also suggested that I move the Hub away from window, other electrical devices and radiators to improve the signal.  Its an old property and the Openreach engineer  installed the fibre box where he believed it was best (centrally in property, next to a radiator so Hub could sit on a nearby windowsill...........)

I was assured that I will not be charged for a forthcoming engineer visit but I'm not holding my breath about that aspect as I understand a charge is made if it transpires its something that I should have done...........

Ho hum.....

0 Ratings